It was fast and had very qood image quality ...
some of the rendering quality features:
• subpixel/subtexel accuracy
• texture filtering
• postprocess sharping
... but unfortunately there were some problems with Java ...
• it starts slow
• it had a limit of around 64 MB working memory for images
• often there were problems after Java-updates
• and the lower distribution ...
... so I stopped developing it!
Anyway, here are some examples with the Java viewer ...
- drag-and-move to view around
- press A, Y, Z, +, - to zoom in and out
Kirche Panorama (JAVA)
Stüberl Panorama (JAVA)
Keller Panorama (JAVA)
Weingarten Panorama (JAVA)
Garten Panorama (JAVA)