• I've been slaving trying to get a simple understanding of this language but it seems like trying to read a word and then understand an alphabet.
    I've been trying to understand how the html links to the xml but am failing to see a certain format.

Could some one just decode the radar example so that I can have a simple understandng on the subject.

much appreciated

• Hi,

in the most cases in the html there is only the path to the xml set,
    e.g.
    with this line in the html:

Code
    so.addVariable("pano", "tour.xml");

and then inside this xml file the type and the path to the pano images is declared,

e.g. - the xml for a simple cubical pano:

Code
    <krpano>
      <image type="CUBE">
        <left  url="pano_l.jpg" />
        <front url="pano_f.jpg" />
        <right url="pano_r.jpg" />
        <back  url="pano_b.jpg" />
        <up    url="pano_u.jpg" />
        <down  url="pano_d.jpg" />
      </image>
    </krpano>

now this basic xml can be extended with more settings,
    see here about the xml format:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/

e.g. add a <view> tag with with settings about the startup viewing direction and the field of view (fov):

and now add a hotspot that loads a other pano/xml on click:

for informations about "actions" like loadpano() have a look here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/actions/

best regards,
    Klaus

• thanks klaus!
    I have started looking at things under the hood and am actually enjoying the process.
    Although I'm just hacking the code that's already out there, but have to start somewhere.
    Thanks for the support.

Am having a little issue of linking all the tutorial examples.
    For instance they all appear on the first pano and when I enter a hotspot to another pano and come back to the first pano, all the examples I've added disappear.
    can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? *huh*

• Are you working in the editor? If so, you must copy the code from the editor to your document stored on your computer. The editor only stores the information while you are still viewing that pano. When you click a link, it changes XML files. When you go back, it loads the original unedited version.

I find it easier to do all of my editing in notepad++ and have a window with the tour open. I make a few changes to the XML, click save and click refresh in the browser to see if what I have added causes the effects I want.

Jarredja

• No am working in a text editor, stand corrected just realised i was pasting all my code and including it in the main xml page but have done so by adding a similar include path to the connecting pano and viola both panos are now sharing the same info.

I'm wondering what should be the prefered method for handing over to a client.
    Do I have to give him plugins and the xml files along with html?
    How does licencing security come into play?

• I'm wondering what should be the prefered method for handing over to a client.
    Do I have to give him plugins and the xml files along with html?
    How does licencing security come into play?

Hi,

you can handle that like you want,
    give him all files or you could use the kprotect tool to protect your files and pack them into one swf (or one swf + the pano image files),

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!