• Ok, so I tried the new project downgrading to 1.8.15 and no more "jumping", there is still a small time lapse between end of video and loop, but the video doesn't disapear and come back like with 1.6.6.
    What has changed with the videoplayer ?

Thanx !

• Confirm that issue.
    I found that in version 1.0.8.15 when loop=true there is a short delay between last and first frame, but in 1.16+ versions it is blinking of the whole hotspot. It is absolutely unacceptably behavior for videoobjects.
    But I can not use 1.0.8.15 because I have strange bugs with scaling children elements, who has several layers in parents and all of them has scalechildren=true. The layers are scaling, but chilren objects (plugins with images) are not.

Klaus, please, pay attention for this problem, I think video-looping is very important element in panorama tours today

PS jeromebg, I even don`t see any seams in video-looping of guy in your first link. How did you do it? Is it just a competent fit of video-footage?

• Hi,

I couldn't reproduce this problem yet.

Do you think the problem is related to the krpano.swf or to the videoplayer.swf?
    Have you tried using the new krpano.swf and the old videoplayer.swf?

If the problem is related to the new krpano.swf, then the problem is probably more the Flashplayer itself - the new krpano.swf uses a new Flashplayer 'SWFVersion' - in this case the basic krpano code itself is identically, only the behavior of the Flashplayer differs.

And if that bug is Flashplayer related there might be no way to fix it (except for the Adobe Flashplayer developers).

Using the old SWFVersion is no option anymore, without the new one, there would be no way to use the new right-click contextmenu and the fullscreen option there and there will be no async-image-decoding.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Confirm that, I tried to put old videoplayer.swf plugin (from 1.0.8.15 version) with 1.16.5 krpano.swf, and that jumping is still here.
    It looks like that: the video is finished, whole element is disappearing and after about 0.5 seconds is appearing again from the beginning.
    In a previous versions it just freezes for a moment at the last frame and then begins from 1st frame, what is more acceptable, but still is not ideal.

May be it is possible to modify the videoplayer plugin itselft to get around this problem, to realize the function of looping may be more stupidly, but it will work on new SWFObject?

• By the way, it's not jumping with the js version : http://360images.fr/veolia/bureau.html?html5=prefer

fix the paths to mp4, add %SWFPATH% or something there

Update: Just tried to see the video in HTML5, and, as jeromebg said, there are really no such jumping with object blinking, but i think the pause between last and 1st frame is a bit longer...

PS Also I am really disappointed by that scalechildren behavior on HTML5 verison, is is not work on my panos ( Don`t know why.
    Also I found out, that in this case scales only 1st child, all next children in hierarchy are not affected on HTML5 version. Klaus, did you know about this problem?

Edited 2 times, last by SkipIntro (September 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM).

• Hi,

as first try - please try using version 1.16.7 and also the videoplayer.swf from there!
    There a videoplayer related bug was fixed which could eventually also affect this.

PS Also I am really disappointed by that scalechildren behavior on HTML5 verison, is is not work on my panos ( Don`t know why.
    Also I found out, that in this case scales only 1st child, all next children in hierarchy are not affected on HTML5 version. Klaus, did you know about this problem?

I'm currently only aware about a hotspot children scaling problem in html5.
    But scalechildren itself should work (note - in the last 1.16.7 the problem with not scaled ox/oy values was fixed).

Which scalechildren problem do you mean?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

as first try - please try using version 1.16.7 and also the videoplayer.swf from there!
    There a videoplayer related bug was fixed which could eventually also affect this.

I'm currently only aware about a hotspot children scaling problem in html5.
    But scalechildren itself should work (note - in the last 1.16.7 the problem with not scaled ox/oy values was fixed).

Which scalechildren problem do you mean?

Best regards,
    Klaus

I tried using 1.16.7 to fix video-jumping, but it does not work.

As for scalechildren:
    I have a hierarchy:
    - layer1 (scalechildren="true")
    -- layer2
    (scalechildren="true")
    --- plugin

It is realized by using parent attributes.
    I made an action, which tweens the scale of layer1. When I test it in Flash viewer, I see the plugin scaling as well with all the layers. But when I see it in HTML5 Viewer, the plugin stands still with the constant scale (is is not resizing), while the layers are tweening (i can see it on the mask borders). For a test, I put the parent attribute of plugin to layer1, and that worked.

Did not try that on 1.16.7, but i will.

UPDATE: Just tried, the problem is still there.

Edited 2 times, last by SkipIntro (September 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM).

• Thanks for this.
    But it is still terrible - I need to use 1.16.8 (?) to get correct childrenscale on containers, but I can not use 1.16+ versions because of ugly looping of video... Are there no possible ways to fix this really?

• Use an action to scale both the container and its children manually.

Everything are not so easy. When I scale the underlying plugins, i have to deal with pivot point (anchor), because i have to scale it relative to one absolute x-y coordinates, but I always move plugins under the main container layer.
    But I solved this problem for now in 1.0.8.15 verison by making layers not with type="container", but "image" with fully transparent png.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!