video preview ?

• Hello,

Is this possible to have a specific jpg instead of the flv when the video is not loaded automatically ?

Like every video of Youtube for example : you have an image (usually not the first image of the video, it's often black) and when you click on it, the video is loaded.

Klaus ... ? *squint*

Thanks !

• I haven't tried out the video plugin yet... but since it's a first round release, I doubt that there's something built into the player to do this... maybe something for a later release? It would be a good addition.

until then, the first thing that comes to mind is to stack an image plugin over the video (use zorder) and setup an onclick action for the image to remove it (set it's url to null so that it's removed) and start playing the video.

There might be a way to set the "preview" image when you create the video, depending upon the apps you use... but I can't say for sure.

• Thanks for your answer Graydon. I'm not sure you can put a preview image in a flv file. I think it's more the player that do that. (it's just a supposition)

Klaus, do you use the FLVPlayback class to make the video plugin ?

I've just check in the AS3 documentation, and there is a variable to apply a preview : preview

• Hi,

it should be also possible to set the "url" first to a normal image,
    and then change it on click to the videoplayer plugin to play the video,

e.g.

Code
    <hotspot ... 
         	url="preview.jpg"
         	videourl="video.flv"
         	onclick="set(url,videoplayer.swf);"
         	/>

Klaus, do you use the FLVPlayback class to make the video plugin ?

no, I don't use any Flash components (fl.*),
    I'm using directly Video and NetStream

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I work only with the free FlexSDK, there it's not included
    and the more important thing - when looking at the code of it - it seems very bloat and not very good designed (much to much and unnecessary code)

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!