Problems with openurl and elastic stuff ^^

• Hiho,

I've got problem with the openurl that doesn't work for me (lastest beta :)) :

Code
    <plugin name="icn_ws"
     	onhover="showtext(Windowed,infostyle);"       	align="rightbottom" x="35"  y="0" 
     	url="skin/footer-icons.png" crop=" 68| 0|23|33" visible="false" keep="true" 
     	onclick="action(setWindowed);" />

<plugin name="icn_ge" 	
     	onhover="showtext(Go to Google Earth,infostyle);" align="rightbottom" x="10"  y="0" 
     	url="skin/footer-icons.png" crop="109| 0|23|33" visible="true"  keep="true" 
     	onclick="openurl(http://www.serveurphotos8.free.fr/Hampi/hampi.kml);action(stopSnd);" />

The second action, "stopSnd", works fine but noway to open the page...

Now, my second point : I would like to get a bouncing hotspot on mouse over. I imagined to get a piece of code like

Code
    onover="tween(scale,scale+2)" onout="tween(scale,scale-2)"

But my hopstop disappears...

Sniff... « Neeeed help ! »

Paul

« Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur »
    Pentax stuff.

• I tried this and my plugin moves to the northeast corner of the screen. As it stands, I have it set at the southwest corner. Not quite a function, I would want as you have to follow the plugin with the mouse to continue sliding. Otherwise, it gets hung up on onover and onout. However, I believe this is the format that you were looking for??????

onover="tween(scale,2.0)" onout="tween(scale,1.0)"

Jarredja

• Hi, thanks for your support! *smile*

I should have not explain myself right.

The firts part of code displayed is about opening a webpage. You say that you get a 404 error page, which is obviously better than I can expect as on my own computer, nothing happens *confused* The 404 page is normal as far as the URL points to an non existing file, it is kind of test *whistling*

==> So I can consider that it works but not on my computer. It is not the first strange thing I notice with my brand new Windows Seven/Firefox 3.1 installation... Gasp... Thanks for the report :)

About the moving plugin, I understand your point: the plugin goes away :) On my computer, it just disapears... Gasp again. My point is that I have thousand plugins of different sizes and at different places, to avoid having to duplicate code for scaling up and down the plugin on mouse action, I decided to "externalise" the code by placing it into a "style" tag. But there, I don't have access to a "memory" var that I can use to store my initial value and to get the stuff back in place when the mouse is out... So I imagined that having a kind of "recursive" call of the variable (actually, the scale or atv attribute of the plugin) would fit. But it does not...

Any idea to get the correct behaviour?

Regards,

Paul

Pentax stuff.

• Hi,

==> So I can consider that it works but not on my computer. It is not the first strange thing I notice with my brand new Windows Seven/Firefox 3.1 installation... Gasp... Thanks for the report :)

are you testing locally?
    maybe there is a "popup" blocker active which stops opening the url?

About the moving plugin, I understand your point: the plugin goes away :) On my computer, it just disapears...

it just disappears because "scale+2" or "scale+2" are not a valid values,

Gasp again. My point is that I have thousand plugins of different sizes and at different places, to avoid having to duplicate code for scaling up and down the plugin on mouse action, I decided to "externalise" the code by placing it into a "style" tag. But there, I don't have access to a "memory" var that I can use to store my initial value and to get the stuff back in place when the mouse is out... So I imagined that having a kind of "recursive" call of the variable (actually, the scale or atv attribute of the plugin) would fit. But it does not...

you could use <style> also for "memory" variables , style can be better imagined as a "template", the variables declared there are generated "locally" in every hotspots/plugin,

so you could use something like this for a 2x scaling on over (independently of original scale):

Code
    <style name="overstyle" 
           onover="copy(originalscale,scale); 
                   mul(destscale, scale, 2);
                   tween(scale, get(destscale));"
           onout="tween(scale, get(originalscale));"
           />

the original scale was stored in "originalscale",
    then the new scale was calculatted and stored in "destscale",
    and then the tweens with destscale or originalscale are called in onover or onout,

e.g. to use it:

Code
    <hotspot ... scale="1" style="overstyle" />
    <hotspot ... scale="2" style="overstyle" />

best regards,
    Klaus

• Excellent! Fantastic! I did not know about that local variables! Great!

Thanks a lot, Klaus!

About the openUrl, I don't know how and why, but it works fine now... I surely made something wrong at a moment...

Thanks thanks thanks very much for bringing us such a wonderfull software, Klaus!

Best regards,

Paul

Pentax stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!