Can I add a text label to a spot?

• Hi all-

I have a fairly straightforward request: I'd like to add a text label - and possibly also a the scene thumbnail - to each "spot" on a map.

This way, the map becomes infinitely more useful - you don't just know there's "something" at a spot (which you have to click-through to find out), you get an overview of "just what is where".

After looking over the API documentation, I didn't see anything. I realize I could probably bake the text into a custom spot image for each point, that that seems incredibly hack-ish, inflexible, and obviously labor-intensive.

Does anyone have any tips? If not, can this feature be added soon?

• Yes, but onhover is flash-only, and requires users to go around mousing over all points....

I'm looking for permanent text, and I consider "mobile" to be the most important platform, especially for tour-related items.

(Hey, come to think of it, is there a way to show the user's current location on a krpano plug-in map?)

• Then use dynamically created layers which use Textfield plugin as url and retrieve scene title as their "html" data. So, depending on the number of scenes there would be the same number of layers staticly hovering just above the mapspots. I'll help with the code if you need.

• Hi,

Why don't you try my TextTable plugin . Please see example on the page. It works on flash as well as js version. You can add a thum nail image and information about any item on a scene. This table will pop up on click of a hotspot. You can show hide the table at user click. Please let me know if this meets your requirement or you need some more customization for your requirement.

PRAMANJ

• pramanj, from what I can see, your plug-in doesn't have anything to do with "Bing Maps".

I guess I wasn't clear in my initial question - being new to KR Pano I didn't realize there are "mapping" solutions other than the traditional Google and Bing. Good luck with your plug-in, but I need to simply have text displayed with existing spots in the BING Map plug-in.

• pramanj, from what I can see, your plug-in doesn't have anything to do with "Bing Maps".

I guess I wasn't clear in my initial question - being new to KR Pano I didn't realize there are "mapping" solutions other than the traditional Google and Bing. Good luck with your plug-in, but I need to simply have text displayed with existing spots in the BING Map plug-in.

Why not to use any picture with letters instead of map spot url? url=".../spots/spot0.png" Make an image from your text and use it.

• I have a different question abot Bing Maps plugin. I want to mark some places in Map, but I want them to be scalable. For example I put shop logo on a place of it in a map and this logo has to change its size when I change a scale of a map. Anyone do it before? Is it possible?

• I have a different question abot Bing Maps plugin. I want to mark some places in Map, but I want them to be scalable. For example I put shop logo on a place of it in a map and this logo has to change its size when I change a scale of a map. Anyone do it before? Is it possible?

Try with new style for logo with zoomwithmap="true" and image you want to use.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!