krpano HTML5 Multiresolution Preview

• Absolutely fantastic work, Klaus. Thank you!

Quick question. I can't get it to work in my environment though. This may have several reasons. For instance, is a tile size of exactly 512px a requirement for the mutliresolution to kick in? I've also tried it with a pano that has a tile size of 480px, also to no avail.

Cheers,

Florian

PS: If it helps, here's the XML I was trying it with (the normalview function gets called from within defaultskin.xml...) :

• Hi,

there is new version out - with remove-able watermark:
    https://krpano.com/html5multires/#download

By adding this code in the xml it will be possible to hide the watermark:

Code
    <prerelease watermark="false" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

I added the code but it does not remove the watermark?

http://dnm.360-foto.dk/

Another thing. I thought I would need to remove the mobile and ipad images in the xml to make it work with the multiresolutions. However it just seems to ignore them even if they have device settings.

The first pano has them removed in xml but none of the others. Still multiresolution works on them. I only changed the FOV to 20 in No 1,2 and 3

Hans

Edited once, last by HansNyb (June 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM).

• Congratulations Hans.

That's running like a
    dream on my Windows 8 Tablet. The HTML5 Multi Touch experience is
    absolutely fantastic. Pinch and Zoom is so smooth. Over all, this is
    a far superior experience from using Flash.
    I'm very excited about this released of krpano. Well done Klaus.

Regards

James.

• Thanks
    Actually I have done one more with not so good results.
    This one is almost same interface same place just a new exhibition.

http://virtualdenmark.dk/dnm/kina/

However this one crashes on my iPad 3 but not on the Galaxy Note 2.
    No problem as long as you just pan around and use the initial zoomlevel. However as soon as you zoom in and then go back and load next pano or try to pan you may crash.

The difference is that this one has just 3 levels starting at 1600 pixels with 800 pixels tiles.
    The first one has 4 levels and starts at 897 with 762 pixels tiles.

Updated. The tour has been updated with 512pixels tiles 4 levels 512-1024-2048-4096
    Everything now works fine on my iPad 3 however I had to go to Safari preferences and delete the Cache. It loaded some very weird panos using the old files.
    I seen this before the iPad is very bad at using cached files.

Hans

Edited 2 times, last by HansNyb (July 2, 2013 at 5:59 PM).

• Hi Klaus,

As always the best to you and your growing family. Hope father hood finds you well.

With this beta, If I use it now, will I be able to update an existing tour via the beta to a persistent version ?

All the best,

Robert

• In the xml we have a lot of settings for the skin true or false.
    However I miss one. If I want to use it for a single pano I do not need the thumb open button. Would it be possible to control this same way.

thumbs="false"

Now I need to edit the skin for this.

Hans

• Hi,

When will the next version release

I don't know the release date yet, but I will release it as soon as possible/as soon as ready of course.

Another thing. I thought I would need to remove the mobile and ipad images in the xml to make it work with the multiresolutions. However it just seems to ignore them even if they have device settings.

Use handling of normal/mobile/tables images and so on isn't fully implemented in that pre-release version yet. It's just a a pre-release yet, there still several things missing .

The difference is that this one has just 3 levels starting at 1600 pixels with 800 pixels tiles.
    The first one has 4 levels and starts at 897 with 762 pixels tiles.

I guess it will be necessary to go back to the 512 pixels tiles recommended by Claus.

Yes - 512px tilesize is hardly recommended!

But here the smallest levelsize of 1600px is also a problem - the smallest level will be always fully loaded and (currently) also never unloaded, and this leads to the stability problems here - 1600px cubefaces + several other graphics is typically too much for iOS devices.

As smallest levelsize a size between 512 and 1024 would be recommended.

I think I will also adjust the current behavior of not-unloading the lowest level for such usage case, and let the viewer also unload the lowest level when it is a larger one. Then such panos should be also run stable.

With this beta, If I use it now, will I be able to update an existing tour via the beta to a persistent version ?

Yes, typically this should be possible without problems...
    Basically just the viewer need to be swapped - this can be done by using the krpano Update Tool to update the viewer files - or by manually swapping the viewer files.

You can e.g. also build two .js files - one named 'tour116.js' and one named 'tour117.js' - and simply change the path/name in the html file to swap dynamically between the versions.

However I miss one. If I want to use it for a single pano I do not need the thumb open button. Would it be possible to control this same way.

thumbs="false"

Yes - I will consider such setting (and also settings for removing the left/right buttons for single-panos uses of the tour skin).

Do to that already manually just add - visible="false" - to the - <layer name="skin_btn_thumbs" ... /> - element in the vtourskin.xml.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

What about the moving hotspots on Android. Can something be done.

This is the still same as in the versions before and not related to multires - it's a display asynchronism between the WebGL part (the pano) and the CSS3D parts (the hotspots) of the webpage. The reason is the buggy Android Webview-based browser itself. A way to avoid it, would be using CSS3D for the pano rendering, but the Android Webview rendering engine is too buggy for multiresolution, so this is no option in this case.

This happens only on some Android devices which have enabled WebGL in the stock Webview browser (many Samsung devices).
    In other non Webview-based-browser like Android Firefox, Android Chrome or Android Opera this doesn't happen too of course.

E.g. add code like this in the xml:

Code
    <events name="androidalternatives" keep="true" devices="androidstock" onxmlcomplete="openurl('http://krpano.com/android/alternatives/', _self);" />

to redirect all users with Webview-based Android browsers to this page with Android Playstore links to alternative browsers:
    https://krpano.com/android/alternatives/

Best regards,
    Klaus

• This happens only on some Android devices which have enabled WebGL in the stock Webview browser (many Samsung devices).
    In other non Webview-based-browser like Android Firefox, Android Chrome or Android Opera this doesn't happen too of course.

I checked Firefox and Chrome. While the hotspots works fine they have some issues with the combobox.
    Font is gigantic on both and the box is misplaced about 10-20 pixels lower.

Firefox seems to have the best and most fluent panning.
    However it also autostarts the video like on desktop flash, thats fine but when you enter the site the video stops. Apparently it reacts on the click on the startbanner through the 2 layers.

Choosing desktop version in Chrome gives me gigantic thumbs etc. and a combobox which is very difficult to open but it has correct fontsizes.

Hans

• Hi,

have some issues with the combobox.
    Font is gigantic on both and the box is misplaced about 10-20 pixels lower.

The combobox plugin still needs some updates for Android support.
    Every Android browser (Webview, Chrome, Firefox) scales slightly differently - the viewer itself is already able to handle that, but the combobox plugin not fully yet - but it should be in one of the next releases.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Its great to work on Krpano HTML5 multiresolution. Absolutely brilliant job.. *thumbsup*
    We have purchased krpano 1.0.8.15 (build 2012-10-05) license. How can we upgrade to krpano 1.17 (build:"2013-06-18").
    We love to upgrade to Krpano HTML5 Multiresolution.

Your earliest response in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Vinu kumar

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!