• Hello,

does exist any tools for easily place mappoints on the map? Until now, i calculate it with print paper with x,y scale, but it is not easy...

Thank you!

And thank you for creating this forum :)
    Xavier

• If you are using the google map swf plugin, then you can get the point coordinates using Google Earth. Just make sure to set the "Show Lat/Long" as Decimal Degrees (tools --> options --> 3D View --> Show Lat/Long )

If you are using an image for a map... such as for a floorplan... then some image editing programs like gimp and photoshop can help. When you open the file in an editing program look for where it shows the x/y coordinates of the cursor and work with those. In gimp, they are displayed in the lower left corner of the image window.

I'm sure other programs show the coordinates of the cursor as well... inkscape does this also.

both gimp and inkscape are free.

• Thank you,

i'm working with Gimp too;
    i wondered if there was an esay tool for it; I don't know any soft taht allow to choose right/center/left origin for x and y values...

Thank you Graydon!
    Greets,
    Xavier

• you are welcome. : )

I haven't seen any software that lets you change the 0,0 origin... they all default to the lower left corner.

If you don't want to do the math then in the gimp there is also a measure tool... so you could start from any location and measure out to the hotspot point.

I also use faststone capture for screen saves... and the purchased version has a nice screen measuring tool as well.

• hi i am using irfanview to find the coordinates of each points. When you open an image on irfanview and click on a point on the upper bar the x and y of that point appears..

But graydon is right the axis problem may occur, then the point 110,70 will be 90,70 for an image 200x200 and krpano values will be 120,100 if your map is 30 pixel away from upper corner...

• Why not make an horizontal or/and vertical rotation of your image to "change" the origin when calculating your points ? For the margin, choose a number easy to substract or add (10, 20, 30, ...), it won't be too hard...
    And, with photoshop, you can "extend your canvas/working zone" (it's a "word by word" translation from my french edition *g* ) to "simulate" your margin size...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!