• Hello,

New to krpano and I'm having a few problems with the Bing Map plugin. I'm using the default skin titled vtourskin.xml.

First, when using Flash and Chrome, KRPANO crashes when you zoom into the map too far. Explorer seems to be ok and HTML5 seems good (although my Chrome App crashes on my iphone when trying to use the maps sometimes).

Second, I'm using the swfaddress plugin. When calling on a specific view in my virtual tour, such as this one: http://www.virtualbigbend.com/big-bend-natio…de-Green-Gulch/ the map does not activate the correct spot on the map. Instead, it activates the first scene in my tour. The thing is, sometimes it does go to the correct spot.

Lastly, is there a way for the map to automatically zoom into the spot you are viewing to a closer zoom level?

I'm having a really hard time understanding some of the documentation for krpano. I'm a novice when it comes to xml and krpano.

thanks,
    David

• Any suggestions as to my other two questions?
    I have read every inch of the documentation and for someone like me who is a novice at xml code, it is extremely difficult to understand how to utilize, for example the zoomin action. Right now, my tour has 57 scenes. When you click on the map icon, it is zoomed way out showing a bunch of spots on the map, but not zoomed into the spot you are looking at. How does one tell the code to do this? I'm using the standard default skin. I have read this from your documentation:

zoom

• Set zoom level of the map.
    • Can be from 1 to 25.

So, I go into the vtourskin.xml file and find this:

Code
    <layer name="skin_map" state="closed" url="" flash_url="../plugins/bingmaps.swf" html5_url="../plugins/bingmaps.js" visible="false" align="lefttop" width="100%" height="50%" x="0" y="0" zorder="11" lat="0" lng="0" zoom="15" bgalpha="0" maptype="hybrid" onmapready="skin_addmapspots();">

So, naturally, I'm thinking to myself, "Oh good, all I have to do is set the zoom function to something other than 15 and that will change the zoom. So, I changed it from 10 to 15. Nothing. Zoom stays the same. This setting doesn't seem to be effecting the zooming of the map.

Next, I read further through the documentation that there is an action you can call:

setzoom(zoom)

• Set a new zoom level for the map.

Great. So I set an action like this in my main tour.xml file:

Code
    <action name="zoom">
    		plugin[map].setzoom(15);			</action>

Nope, that doesn't work either. Once again, I am very green to xml coding and KRPANO, so I'm absolutely sure someone out there knows how to make this work. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to do this.

Once this question is resolved, I guess I'll try and resolve my next problem and that is the MAP IS NOT ACTIVATING the correct spot on the map.

I'm still working out all these kinks so my tour is not ready for the public view yet....here's the testing stage:

http://www.virtualbigbend.com/big-bend-natio…tour/#/Nirvana/

Help is certainly appreciated!

David

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!