Performance question

• Hi again!

Klaus, one more question. *wink*

I want to make virtual tour based on dozens scenes (let's say about hundred scenes).
    Most of actions, plugins and hotspots are global, and scenes have not so many particular elements.
    In the scenes I want use textfields, hotspots with images and so on.

I have all this stuff in one xml file and make one swf file (with krprotect).
    I think about performance. Are these all scenes, images and so on, loaded at starting the panorama, or loaded dynamically if needed?
    Are the data from external html file for textfield loaded dynamically if needed?

I am afraid it will be to much for one xml file.

Greg

• Hi greg,
    i was struggling to with this...

i now dosomething like:

in those files you can make your things.. you can call it as you like and put there as you like .. it will be all in the tour.xml at the end..

have fun

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi!

Klaus, I have two more questions... *wink*

1. If I go from one scene to another, is the memory used by the scene released directly?
    You know, I think about what can happen if users go through dozen scenes and every scene take some memory and give it not back. On the older computers it may raise problem?

2. Are the plugins or actions inside the particular scene like local variables?
    I think if the names can be the same. For example in every scene the "onstart" action has the same name.

Regards
    Greg

• Hi,

1. If I go from one scene to another, is the memory used by the scene released directly?
    You know, I think about what can happen if users go through dozen scenes and every scene take some memory and give it not back. On the older computers it may raise problem?

yes, the memory of the current pano(scene) is directly released,

2. Are the plugins or actions inside the particular scene like local variables?
    I think if the names can be the same. For example in every scene the "onstart" action has the same name.

all current plugin and hotspots without keep="true" are removed/unloaded on every new pano/scene (when no KEEPALL or KEEPPLUGINS/KEEPHOTSPOTS flags in the loadpano() were used),

it's also possible to change the "keep" attribute dynamically, e.g. to keep plugin from one pano to the other and remove it on the other pano,

actions will be always kept, but actions in the new pano/scene with the same "name" overwrite the "older" ones,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!