snow/rain plugin in polygonal area (window)

• Hi everyone. i just purchased krpano and i need to apply de Snow / Rain Plugin to a particular area of the pano,IS THAT POSSIBLE???, i can't find that option in the plugin.
    maybe aplying de plugin to a hotspot?
    hope anyone could help me. i really need to do this.
    Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

• Tanks Umalo! it worked great! you are god.

there's another question: if i have multiple windows (polygonal hotspots) and i want to make the snow to show on every hotspot, can i make a signle mask with all the hotspots at the same time??
    becouse setting 5 different snow plugins (one for each hotspot) makes the pano really slow.
    could i do something like this?

<plugin name="snow"
    url="snow.swf"
    flakes="40000"
    color="0xFFFFFF"
    rainwidth="0.5"
    rainalpha="0.5"
    mask="hotspot[hs1] + hotspot [hs2] + hotspot[hs3]"
    />

Or maybe making a "not conected" hotspot with diferent areas
    I mean: hotspot 1= "hostpot A" union "hotspot B" union "hotspot C"

Tanks again!

• In that case I would suggest to create mask (I used your preview and drow the mask in vector -> export as transparent PNG) and adapt it to fit into your frame and than turned it off and use as mask of the snow plugin.

Quick proof of that concept. Could be better but I think you will get the point:
    http://webonjee.com/virtual-tour/_…now2/index.html

Code:
    http://webonjee.com/virtual-tour/_…ow_windowed.zip

regards
    Umalo

Nice idea to use of Krpano plugin. *thumbsup*

EDIT: Reduce number of flakes to speed it up. Your settings was to high. See how it is smoothly snowing now ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Umalo (16. April 2013 um 18:40)

• thank you very much again! im going to use this last solution becouse it works faster (maybe becouse there's no need for krpano to disort a large png mask, but it does it with a vectorial plygon) and becouse the png mask had some errors (it was showing snow in incorrect areas when rotating the view, i dont know why).
    unfailing questions:

Zitat

Are you creating the hotspot with the editor plugin?

Zitat

Can you think an idea to generate less, but "intelligent" snowflakes?, i mean, the 80% of the particles generated by the plugin are masked out, so they are overloading the pano without even been seen. if there was a way to "lead" or "direct" or "limit" the flakes to generate only in the hotspot area then it will snow much more intense with much less "flakes" therefor much less prossesing overload. I know it's a bit delirious but perhaps you think of something, i thought that may be creating a "flake.png" image with 4 or 5 flakes in it. so 1 flake-particle for the plugin will show 4 real flakes repeated, making less particles needed to give a feeling of intense snow.

Zitat

Is there a way to limit the minimum distance between the closest flakes and the observer? because every a few seconds there is a flake (or a set of flakes) that passes way too close to the viewer therefore way too large in proportion to the others. it would be great to set a minimum range for the closest flakes (something like the "spreading" option that sets the maximum range for the farthest flakes, but the other way around)

Ok, that's all for today. i will still trying and learning about this great application
    Thanks Umalo again for the particular classes you are really generous.
    Bye

• Are you creating the hotspot with the editor plugin?

Yes.

Can you think an idea to generate less, but "intelligent" snowflakes?, i mean, the 80% of the particles generated by the plugin are masked out, so they are overloading the pano without even been seen. if there was a way to "lead" or "direct" or "limit" the flakes to generate only in the hotspot area then it will snow much more intense with much less "flakes" therefor much less prossesing overload. I know it's a bit delirious but perhaps you think of something, i thought that may be creating a "flake.png" image with 4 or 5 flakes in it. so 1 flake-particle for the plugin will show 4 real flakes repeated, making less particles needed to give a feeling of intense snow.

Give it a try and present us the result when you will be happy with it.

Is there a way to limit the minimum distance between the closest flakes and the observer? because every a few seconds there is a flake (or a set of flakes) that passes way too close to the viewer therefore way too large in proportion to the others. it would be great to set a minimum range for the closest flakes (something like the "spreading" option that sets the maximum range for the farthest flakes, but the other way around)

have no clue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!