Create big tour with globally actions or PHP?

• Hello,
    I´m thinking about creating a big virtual tour with about 100 Panos. The main point is how to handle global things like hotspot, <image>-parameters and so on. Because if I want to change something in the structure I don´t want to change it in every scene.

I thought about making global-actions for things like adding hotspots:

Code
    addhotspot(hs1,style1,25.0,-100.0,scene-bathroom);

But what´s for example with the <image>-node.
    Some years ago it was like:

Code
    <image>
    <left/>
    <front/>
    <right/>
    </image>

nowadays the shorter way is:

Code
    <image>
    <cube>
    <mobile/>
    </image/>

So what if I want to change those things in all the scenes. Can I also set these parameters with an action or better use PHP to create xml-files dynamically?

Best regards,
    Marc

• Hi,

Image tags can't be set with global actions, they need to be defined in the xml before load, but on the other hand, you wont have to change them often. A trick I could recommend is using styles alot. This way a hotspot only needs an atv and atv and a location.

Code
    <hotspot ath="0" atv="0" scene="test" style="hotspot_style" />
    <style name="hotspot_style" onclick="loadscene(get(scene))"/>

Depending on your skillelvel with PHP. On projects where the xml changes a lot, I tend to write a parser. I start off dropping my panos on the droplet and upload it. Next I run my parser that runs through the tour.xml and reads out all the scene tags, view tags, hotspots etc Once thats done I can output it in any form I want, even JSON. Other benefits is, you could easily minify your tour or generate zip files for easy download. PHP has my preference, but it takes a bit time to setup for the first time.

• Hi,

Just as note - both image syntax are still working of course and basically it doesn't matter which syntax is used - the <cube> one is only a nicer/shorter one.
    And the <image> related settings are typically not changing... (unless you change the image itself)

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!