logkey="false" not working in HTML5

• Hello there, I have to deliver a virtual tour and want to block the logkey menu, in Flash version everything's all right but in HTML5 version is not working. It may have a very silly solution but I haven't found it yet, in adition to setting logkey="false" & showerrors="false" at <krpano> initial tag I don't know what else can I do *huh* . Any ideas of what can be happening? both Krpano JS and FLASH are version 1.0.8.15 last update.

Best regards

Luis

• Hello Nupsi, thanks for your quick response, I did some research in forums before posting but beyond logkey="false" showerrors="false" in <krpano> tag I didn't find anything else to do. That's why ended creating this post.

Sacha, here's a 360 with just the essential code to load a pano cross-plataform:

http://imagen360.com/logkey/
    http://imagen360.com/logkey/tour.xml (XML)

As you can see logkey="false" showerrors="false" are already specified but they're working just in flash version, in HTML5 ver I can open the logkey with my ipad3 without a problem by passing a finger upwards from the right-bottom corner.

After creating this example I think that this feature ain't working in krpano 1.0.8.15 latest update, either that or I'm still missing something but I really don't know what else can I do. Maybe Klaus has something else to say here, what do you think Klaus?

Best regards

Luis

• Maybe there is something wrong in 1.0.8.15 build 05-10-2012, because I was able to open the log-window on flash too?! Did´nt thought about it being flash and pressed the "O"-key and voilà the info-screen pops right up (I´ve made a screenshot and blurred Luis name). But just once and then I had to refresh it about 10-20 times to get the log-screen again. So it seems to be another 1.0.8.15-bug!

BR
    Nupsi

• Hi,

it was intention that logkey=false is only working for desktop (keyboard inputs).
    But forgot to the update the xml documentation about that - sorry, I have corrected that now.

The main idea behind that change was to have a way (for advanced users) to check the krpano version and the owner of the license. The log-opening touch-gesture is something that shouldn't happen accidentally by end-users, so having that possibility shouldn't typically a problem...

Another idea was that there should be some kind of branding also on touch devices - like the 'about krpano' contextmenu entry on desktop. In the new krpano 1.16 version, it's possible to use the Branding Free License also for HTML5 - and with it, also the log-opening gesture on touch devices will be disabled

Maybe there is something wrong in 1.0.8.15 build 05-10-2012, because I was able to open the log-window on flash too?! Did´nt thought about it being flash and pressed the "O"-key and voilà the info-screen pops right up (I´ve made a screenshot and blurred Luis name). But just once and then I had to refresh it about 10-20 times to get the log-screen again. So it seems to be another 1.0.8.15-bug!

This is not directly a bug - when you quickly press the 'O'-key between starting the viewer and before the xml file has loaded, then the logkey=false setting still wasn't set and so log opening is possible during this time.
    A way to avoid that would be either setting the logkey already in the html file during embedding or by using the Branding Free license.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Okey Klaus, thanx for clearing things here. Just a suggestion maybe for a next release, the bottom right/left corners are "hot corners" because there's where is more common to put interface controls, ¿why don't you change the activation point to open the logkey to one of the upper corners? that way krpano version and licence owner can still be checked but the common user won't be activating it accidentally too frequently. Just a suggestion *wink*

Best regards and I'm moving to download new Krpano version, I can't wait!

Luis

• Hi,

why don't you change the activation point to open the logkey to one of the upper corners? that way krpano version and licence owner can still be checked but the common user won't be activating it accidentally too frequently

Changing the corners would be possible of course, but normally it should be possible to activate it accidentally. I think often it is more difficult than easy to open it, or have ever opened it accidentally?

Btw - the 'activation point/area' doesn't block or interfere with anything that is above it (like buttons or pano elements), so which the corner shouldn't matter...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello Klaus, yes, I know activation point/area doesn't interfere with interface functionality, my point is that I think it's less probable to open the console if you set it in the upper corners (let's say top left corner), because as I've seen generally there aren't much controls there for users to pass their fingers by and activate the console accidentally. In my case, my latest project interface has the buttons set in the bottom right corner and I had some accidental activations of the console, there's when I thought that point maybe is not the best.

Best regards

Luis

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!