Panograf - My new Panorama Page

• Hi,

Nice website! What did you use for the pop up windows? jquery? mootools?

One thing I've noticed is you're using frames. I read that it should be avoided not sure too as to why, I'll have to google that again *smile*

And I saw one part where the panos were still using java or quicktime.

lastly I like the popup windows but my tendency is if I want to close the tour I always click on the close tab in firefox not the close in the popup window. So I guess you could maybe make the "close" text bigger or perhaps change the color of the x button. *smile*

In general its a pretty nice website. congrats!

Milo

• Oh and I forgot to ask. How do you shoot your action panoramas? like the cyclists

How many shots around was this?
    do you use a spinner or a motorized pano head? One of the videos demonstrates a full rotation in 3 seconds and the shutter is triggered every 60 secs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eImrWddw7k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS4515xDjnc&feature=related

Any special techniques for that?

Thanks,
    Milo

• Hi,
    thanks for your answer. For the overlay-popup window I´m using greybox. But the problem ist, the missing scrolling-function with the mouse wheel. It doesn´t work, when using grexboy - I have to check it...
    Thanks for the tip with the closing-button, I will think about a better method!

Yes the frame-problem, of course I don´t use Frames to design my webpages (xHTML & CSS on CMS basis) but the frame is because of the domain-forwarding. So I´ve a webspace on which the page is and then I´ve bought a domain and to link this domain I had to choose the frame-forwarding method, that the domain in the adress bar isnt´changin, otherwise you would see the other URL on top *unsure*

The cyclist is me, and I was alone there *wink* I shot 5+1 with my Peleng 8mm and Canon EOS 350D without any motorized pano head. I used selftimer for it and started working :)

Best regards,
    Marc

• I think if you are going to sell flash tours to your clients you should just have one sample flash tour that the client can experience with links inside the tour to other examples and to ways that the client can contact you (inquiry form,telephone) all slide out tabs or toggles.so the first thing they see when they visit your site is a pano tour.

If you can make them THINK WOW then that will help you to sell,I remember when I saw my first flash 360 I was telling and showing everybody.

You can then tell them that when they order with you that you they will be included in a google map of the area or VR biz directory (increases the percieved value)

• thanks for your reply. There is one small tour about the city of Berlin in my webpage...

Or you mean I don´t need a webpage such as this one, but only a tour where the user/client can switch between other panoramas and can contact me? Would be another possibility :)

• Lets take this pano as an example now imagine you are a client,in the center i would have a button that says start tour which is a button that makes it full screen WOW effect,I would also hide all controls until its in full screen mode but then keep them visible when it goes back to normal screen.

• yes wow your customers,think like a customer you have just left a biz card with a URL when they check it out you are showing them what its like to experience FLASH VR.

• hm yes, the domain is from 1&1 and they only provide the frame-method to link to another webspace or HTML forwarding, but then you would see the long URL from the webspace.
    I think I have to buy a webspace package for my domain package, that both is on the same provider and it´s a "real" domain, not only linked to another webspace.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!