trying immersive projection of pano with corner CAVE - some help needed

• Hi,

We are green at krpano and we'd like to test displaying pano with a simple immersive projection setup, similar to Corner CAVE

We were trying to display a pano on a 180 degree curved wall, but Klaus advised krpano was not designed for a curved surface. So, we move ahead for a CAVE-like direction, which consist of several "flat" surfaces. After searching for a while we found the js_sync_cubeview plugin can be useful for us to show the faces correctly on the 3 cave walls. We shall set all the 3 projectors in a single large desktop and cut the whole screen in 3 blocks similar to the cubeview demo. However, we need some help here:

1) the initial view was the same across the 3 faces until a mouse click (the calothers action in xml file set +90 & -90 to the side faces only when the user changed the view). How can we fix this initial error?
    2) the overall performance was becoming slower for such low res image in the demo. Was the system treat the same photo as 3 different objects and jam up the memory? This can be a key problem for us as we are planning to playback 360 video with this setup. If a single i7 PC cannot handle htme properly, how can we sync the faces across different PC through network?
    3) how can we enable full screen with the cubeview? the Fullscreen option was disappear in the cubeview demo.

Thanks and looking forward to any helps :)

Richie

• Hi,

1) the initial view was the same across the 3 faces until a mouse click (the calothers action in xml file set +90 & -90 to the side faces only when the user changed the view). How can we fix this initial error?

In the original example the syncing is done on every onviewchange event... but if this is not enough maybe add also an onxmlcomplete event and call there the syncing too...

2) the overall performance was becoming slower for such low res image in the demo. Was the system treat the same photo as 3 different objects and jam up the memory? This can be a key problem for us as we are planning to playback 360 video with this setup. If a single i7 PC cannot handle htme properly, how can we sync the faces across different PC through network?

Yes, performance can be a problem of course - this are 3 different and independent viewer instances, they don't share anything. Only their viewing direction will be synchronized via Javascript. When using videos, then the synchronizing of the videos itself can be also a problem...
    For syncing other networks you might need also several server/client scripts, but I doubt a bit if that would work well...

Zitat

3) how can we enable full screen with the cubeview? the Fullscreen option was disappear in the cubeview demo.

Only one Flashplayer instance alone can go fullscreen, all three Flashplayers together is not possible.

Btw - it's an interesting project what you are doing, but I don't think that krpano would be the right tool for that job - a specialized native custom software with hardware accelerated graphics should be right tool here...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• thx for your feedback. will try unity3d for generating the cubic faces on the fly. although no confidence in making the video smooth & in sync.

That project was initiated by a realty customer who want a mini CAVE setup for showing the tour nicely in their office. Recently the price of 63" panel dropped savagely, merely usd1000 each in China, they have a meeting room fit in three 63" LED TV on 3 sides and put a chair in the middle. Currently they are having "slide show" of the cubic faces, non-interactive at the moment. Although it's really immersive with the setup, however the user experience was not good: the resolution (1920x1080) was too bad when sitting only 2 ft away from the screens, I felt the central part of the big screens are much poor than watching a 42" TV at 1366x768. The excessive brightness and heat stain the eyes too. More importantly, non-interactive making it just like reading a giant printout, hard to leave a strong impression to a potential client. So before the tour CAVE solution available, I just set them similar to a tri-panel racing setup and display the krpano content. However, just like other 3D games, the objects at the sides were stretching quite oddly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!