Tiles not loading properly...

• Hello all,

I have the following Virtual tour: Link

The client is happy with the pano but he has complained that sometimes he gets an error. He has sent the following screen shot:

It is not the first time I have this problem. Some people has suggested me that this is because of the server rather than Krpano. And to be honest, I really think it is the server.

The reason of this post is that I am going to call to the server company to complain, and because I'm 100% sure they are going to blame Krpano, I would like to give them a clear explanation of why is this happening.

Does anyone else has experienced this problem?
    Why exactly that tile is not loading?
    Is there a way to avoid this problem?

Thank you very much!!!

Cheers!

• The "sometimes" part is a bit odd. Usually, a corrupt file is a corrupt file once and forever.

Tuur is right though... upload the specific file / tile that shows to have failed and see what happens.

Another quick test is to just navigate with your browser to that file / tile and see what happens when it's loaded directly into the browser. Be careful though... I've seen some cases where it first looks like the file is fine... but is actually missing a portion of the image.

• Thank you very much for your replies.

Some months ago, I had a problem with a couple of gray tiles appearing. After inspecting the files I saw that they were corrupted and the bottom part was cut. I learnt that if a file is corrupt the size is different. So every time I upload a virtual tour, now I do it 4 times with the setting "replace if the size is different" enabled. I've never had a gray tile any more. But I've had this error more times. I thought that it could be due too many tiles to download. So I have reduced the number of tiles from 96 to 56.

Following your advise, Iv'e checked the files side by side (the one in my computer and the one in the server) and they are identical. The size is the same too. Anyway, I have upload that tile again.

The client says that this is error appears randomly. Sometimes it loads fine, and sometimes it doesn't. Usually press the refresh button solves the problem, but the problem is likely to happen again...

Graydon, I absolutely agree. That "sometimes" is very odd, and that's why I believe it is the server.
    I would like to know, in technical words, is what makes Krpano to show that error? You know. Something like:

"All the tiles are an array and if the number of loaded tiles is different than the number of the elements in the array after the load is completed, then that error is printed" This is absolutely invented, of course *smile*

This way I can complain to the server with very specific facts *cool*

Thank you very much!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!