Android 4.1.1 weird scaling

• I recently bought an Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Android 4.1.1

While this works quite good with the default browser and HTML5 using 1024 pixels cubefaces it has some serious problems with scaling the elements.
    First I thought this was only in HTML5 but as I also installed flash on it I discovered that it does the same in flash but only in browser window.
    If you go fullscreen your elements are scaled to the correct size 100% pixel size.

See the attached screenshots, Screen is 1280x720 and the popup text windo is a 440 pixel wide png.
    The scaling in the left side is is 1.32

Another weird thing is that if you choose "desktop viewing " it automatically demands Flash. You can not use HTML5 in that mode.

Hans

• BTW the HTML Combobox fonts are just as weird. While it all works fine on iPad, my Samsung needs me to increase the fontsize to 28 to get it readable.
    I could easy use much higher values. Remember the Note is BIG so I guess on smaller devices it would need 40. Just tried it and it is actually a nice size on the Note.

For iPad I use itemfontsize="16"

Hans

• Hi,

yes - Google has changed the page-scaling in the newer Android Chrome version - the next krpano HTML5 version will take care about that and correct the scaling automatically.

But in Android-Flash the scaling a bit more problematic - there the scaling mostly depends on the html page and the browser itself and there aren't really ways to correct that...

I will try to make soon also a special test page for the Android sizing/scalings, that shows all related informations about the Browser and the Flashplayer for this case.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Do you know if these large scaled up sizes is only for Android Mobiles ?

Different Android devices can have different resolutions and also different DPI settings - see here:
    http://developer.android.com/guide/practice…l#screens-table

The scaling will be depend on these DPI setting.
    Inside the Browsers the current scaling is reported via the 'window.devicePixelRatio' property, but unfortunately almost every Browser handles this setting differently...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• yes - Google has changed the page-scaling in the newer Android Chrome version - the next krpano HTML5 version will take care about that and correct the scaling automatically.

Google has now updated the standard browser on Nexus and it works fine now except for the scaling problem which make my Tours impossible to view in Chrome.
    I can not really understand how it works because my hotspots both distorted and not distorted are scaled correct. However Thumbs, logos or popup png are shown in 200% and it does not matter if they are scaled by using width/height in pixels as the thumbs or as scale="1" or scale="0.5"

There is no options at all in the preferences to make the browser show desktop website like most other browsers have.

Hans

• Hi,

the Android Chrome Browser handles the window scaling and window.devicePixelRatio setting differently than other browser and devices and therefore the scaling is wrong.

But as said with the next krpano version, the scaling will be okay.
    Btw - the next krpano version is already 99% ready and I'm already preparing the release, so it shouldnt take long anymore until available.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

the Android Chrome Browser handles the window scaling and window.devicePixelRatio setting differently than other browser and devices and therefore the scaling is wrong.

But as said with the next krpano version, the scaling will be okay.
    Btw - the next krpano version is already 99% ready and I'm already preparing the release, so it shouldnt take long anymore until available.

Best regards,
    Klaus

good news!

Best regards,
    Igor Socha

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!