How to stop youtube player?

• Hi guys.

I spent the last hours trying to figure out how to kill a youtube video. Already know that it can't be stopped by removeplugin() because although the image disappears the streaming and audio insist on not going away ; and it has to be stopped by an AS3 interface.

I found a code in the krpano forum, but the problem is: I don't know nothing about action scripting and I'm struggling to create a custom plugin.

P.S. - I already know how to compile using Flex_SDK_4, I tried with the krpano files like textfield.

Please enlighten me of how can I make a plugin to kill an Youtube video.

Here's the code that I got in another thread, I already tried but something is missing:

• Try to use the latest krpano version.

Since version 1.18 the krpano Flash viewer supports the Flashplayer 'unloadAndStop' method and this will stop also any video or sound stream from external swf files (like the Youtube videoplayer swf).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• thanks klaus
    could you explain how to implement?
    <plugin name = "xxx" unloadAndStop = "true" /> ???? it's like that?
    This method works in html5?

I tried using video player plugin, but not preloaded does not work and takes a lot in visualizarce the video!

I need the video is automatically displayed or at least that is preloaded.
    anyway I wonder if there is a tutorial to create the script?
    thanks

• Hi,

nothing would need to be done, just use an actual version.

When the youtube .swf file will be removed (e.g. by removeplugin), then all the video/audio streams that this swf has started will be automatically removed too.

The videoplayer plugin itself is something different and not related to youtube.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!