Presenting our last project: Mercedes A180 vitual tour - changing color, open/close car element...

• Hi community

We are proud on our latest project for one of our partners in our region. Many of the elements already seen on panorama scene, we tried to make the best of it at one place.
    After many many many hours in total: (shooting, post processing and coding) here you can find it:

http://www.webonjee.com/en/projects/mercedes-benz-a180/

We are open for all improvement proposal from your side as here on forum we have found many great panographers and Krapano developers that helps us for years and made this project even happen.
    We are looking forward to improve for our next projects, so your feedback is to us very valuable and we will take it into consideration.

Best regards and all the best in new year.

Edited once, last by Umalo (December 24, 2012 at 4:00 PM).

• Hi there! Very nice improvements since the last car interior of yours I saw, just two observations:

1 - Watch your white balance for the car interior: the exterior is fine but inside the car colors lean towards blue/magenta. You can correct this easily using the gray eyedropper in photoshop's curves adjustment layer (the middle one), clicking on a neutral point.
    2 - Correct your dynamical range issues: in this case you have a perfect opportunity to bracket shots and crop the windows view replacing it with the correct exposure for the outside because you have a perfect frontier in the edges of the windows, that will give you far better result over HDR or enfuse options. There must be a 3 to 4 stops difference between inside/outside so, make the outside panorama with the correct exposure and just crop the view. (Check this view: http://www.360cities.net/image/dentro-d…o-san-lucas-bcs, 4 stops difference between inside/outside, I croped the window view and it haves a very natural feel)

Would be great also if you cut the intro time or leave it optional as it feels a little awkward to not be able to control the pano from the begining, also if you give some transparency to the left menu would help, would increase the pano area and give some elegance to the global look.

All personal suggestions, take the ones you share and hope they help.

By the way, could you share which camera/lens are you using, I like your image quality.

Best regards

Luis

• Hi Luis,
    Thanks for your observations.
    You're right...there is a room for improvements. Bracketing is one thing that I will try for sure. My camera allows +-2 F stops bracketing so it's possible to get -4 F stops for windows. I presume that will be enough.
    White balance could be a little warmer but then I get brownish seats. They are in fact grey, as shown on panorama.
    I agree with you regarding intro...full control will be nice from the beginning.
    I'm using Nikon D90 and Sigma 8-16 F4.5-5.6. I'm shooting at 8mm, 2 rows, 6 exposures in every row.
    Regards,
    Umalo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!