krpano 1.0.8.10 version licenses not working on krpano 1.0.8.15 version

• Hi,

My Company owns a KRPANO 1.0.8.10 license. Until now everything went OK. But now I want to upgrade to the last krpano version (1.0.8.15) so I can take advantage from the make vtour droplets. The problem is that I can't make it work.

I copied my licenses (krpano.license, krpanotools.license, krpanoiphone.license.js) to my new krpanotools 1.0.8.15 folder, and now each time I try to use krpano I get this message

ERROR: calling the kprotectcl tool failed!

Am I doing something wrong? Is not supposed the krpano licenses are valid for all current and following versions of the viewer?

Thank you very much! *smile*
    Rui

• Hi,
    I suggest to do the download again.
    Make shure all license are on the right place.
    Then it should be ok.
    My license is much older and i have no problems at all.

So, re-download!

Hope it helps.
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi,
    I suggest to do the download again.
    Make shure all license are on the right place.
    Then it should be ok.
    My license is much older and i have no problems at all.

Hi Tuur!

Thank you very much for your reply *thumbup* but I did just that several times without any success *sad*
    I also tried to download the windows version and tested it on my PC just to try to understand if the problem was the Mac version but without success also. I got the same error message. I don't have a clue on what's the problem...

• Hi Klaus!

Thank you very much for your reply! *thumbup*
    Your sentence "Maybe they are got corrupted in any way for some reason (uploading, downloading...)" just rang a bell in my head. I replaced the licenses on my krpanotools folder with the originals I had archived on my email and bingo!! *thumbsup* Everythings now works smoothly and without a problem! It was certainly a case of file corruption.

Best regards,
    Rui

Edited once, last by ruiaperta (November 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM).

• Hi Klaus,

I check in my original purchased license files, only 3 files: googlemaps.swf, krpano.license, krpanotools.license

Meaning I do not have the HTML5 version. But when reading the license.txt in the 1.08.15 Tools, I see that krpanoiphone.license.js is needed to create the ipad/tablet compatible versions. That's the reason I couldn't get an Android tablet to view the panoramas. I just found that this license HAS to be bought seperately. This is what I'm going to do very soon. However I have 2 questions:

Can I use the newly bought "krpanoiphone.license.js" with the original license files which are old (dated 1/8/2011).
    Also do I have to recreated the final swf files for it to be iphone/ipad/Android compatible.

Thanks.

• Hi,

Can I use the newly bought "krpanoiphone.license.js" with the original license files which are old (dated 1/8/2011).

Yes, this is no problem - all krpano licenses can be generally bought separately at any time.

Also do I have to recreated the final swf files for it to be iphone/ipad/Android compatible.

The swf itself will be not used for html5 - but when your xml itself is okay and you already have smaller mobile images - they you could try reusing the existing xml and existing images of course.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!