krpano 1.0.8.10 version licenses not working on krpano 1.0.8.15 version

• Hi,

My Company owns a KRPANO 1.0.8.10 license. Until now everything went OK. But now I want to upgrade to the last krpano version (1.0.8.15) so I can take advantage from the make vtour droplets. The problem is that I can't make it work.

I copied my licenses (krpano.license, krpanotools.license, krpanoiphone.license.js) to my new krpanotools 1.0.8.15 folder, and now each time I try to use krpano I get this message

ERROR: calling the kprotectcl tool failed!

Am I doing something wrong? Is not supposed the krpano licenses are valid for all current and following versions of the viewer?

Thank you very much! *smile*
    Rui

• Hi,
    I suggest to do the download again.
    Make shure all license are on the right place.
    Then it should be ok.
    My license is much older and i have no problems at all.

So, re-download!

Hope it helps.
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi,
    I suggest to do the download again.
    Make shure all license are on the right place.
    Then it should be ok.
    My license is much older and i have no problems at all.

Hi Tuur!

Thank you very much for your reply *thumbup* but I did just that several times without any success *sad*
    I also tried to download the windows version and tested it on my PC just to try to understand if the problem was the Mac version but without success also. I got the same error message. I don't have a clue on what's the problem...

• Hi Klaus!

Thank you very much for your reply! *thumbup*
    Your sentence "Maybe they are got corrupted in any way for some reason (uploading, downloading...)" just rang a bell in my head. I replaced the licenses on my krpanotools folder with the originals I had archived on my email and bingo!! *thumbsup* Everythings now works smoothly and without a problem! It was certainly a case of file corruption.

Best regards,
    Rui

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ruiaperta (26. November 2012 um 15:45)

• Hi Klaus,

I check in my original purchased license files, only 3 files: googlemaps.swf, krpano.license, krpanotools.license

Meaning I do not have the HTML5 version. But when reading the license.txt in the 1.08.15 Tools, I see that krpanoiphone.license.js is needed to create the ipad/tablet compatible versions. That's the reason I couldn't get an Android tablet to view the panoramas. I just found that this license HAS to be bought seperately. This is what I'm going to do very soon. However I have 2 questions:

Can I use the newly bought "krpanoiphone.license.js" with the original license files which are old (dated 1/8/2011).
    Also do I have to recreated the final swf files for it to be iphone/ipad/Android compatible.

Thanks.

• Hi,

Can I use the newly bought "krpanoiphone.license.js" with the original license files which are old (dated 1/8/2011).

Yes, this is no problem - all krpano licenses can be generally bought separately at any time.

Also do I have to recreated the final swf files for it to be iphone/ipad/Android compatible.

The swf itself will be not used for html5 - but when your xml itself is okay and you already have smaller mobile images - they you could try reusing the existing xml and existing images of course.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!