viewer.useHTML5 settings - Prefer flash?

• All this time wishing more browsers support CSS3-3D and now that is happening... I don't want it *smile*

Recently I decided to upgrade my camera in order to get panoramas with more resolution, and blow my clients out of their socks zooming into the scenes, taking advantage of krpano multi-resolution feature.

But recently, some clients started complain about blurry panoramas when they zoomed in.
    I was very happy when I discovered that what was happening is that they were seeing the html5 version! Finally! At last! Good for Chrome and Firefox!
    Thank you very much for all you your efforts... but I'm going to stick to the flash version until krpano support multi-resolution panoramas in HTML5.

So I read the documentation and I discovered the html5 settings to embed a virtual tour: auto, prefer, always, never...
    Where is the option to load the flash version as default and load html5 only if flash is not installed?

I read about

Code
    var ret = viewer.isFlashpossible();

but I haven't manage to figure out how to implement it.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

• Hi,

So I read the documentation and I discovered the html5 settings to embed a virtual tour: auto, prefer, always, never...
    Where is the option to load the flash version as default and load html5 only if flash is not installed?

The default auto option is already the right option for this case!

With 'auto' the Flash version will be preferred and used by default, and the HTML5 version only when - (1.) the Flashplayer is not available AND (2.) the browser is HTML5 compatible.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi klaus,

Thank you very much for your quick reply, as always.

Ideally I'l like to have a 4th choice:

The Flash version will be preferred and used by default, and the HTML5 version only when the Flashplayer is not available, regardless the browser is html5 compatible.

In other words:
    If flash AND html5 are both available, use flash.
    Then the obvious:
    If flash is available, and html5 is not, use flash
    If flash is not available, use html5

Would it be possible? Until we get html5 multi-resolution. Then screw flash *g*

Cheers!

• Your fourth option is how the auto works. (according to what I read from Klaus's comment)

Flash runs if available.
    Then if flash is not available it will run on html5 provided the browser supports it.
    Otherwise, I assume it defaults to an error screen.

In my opinion, Flash has been pretty good. It is a shame Steve refused to let it play with his little Apple devices.
    Changed the playing field enough for developers to seek different methods.

• Oh! Ok.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I reckon that last week my chrome loaded the html5 version although I had flash installed... But now, I remember that I was using the developers version by then. Now I'm using the current version.

Anyway. I'll leave the html5 option set to 'auto'.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!