How to use krpano iphone simulator?

• My actions:
    1) copied the iphone-ipad-simulator.html to the folder with my project
    2) opened the iphone-ipad-simulator.html by Notepad++ (coding UTF-8 without BOM)
    3) changed rows
    <script src="../../swfkrpano.js"></script>
    <script src="../../krpanoiphone.license.js"></script>
    <script src="../../krpanoiphone.js"></script>
    var viewer = createPanoViewer({swf:"../../krpano.swf", id:"krpanoSWFObject", html5:"always", html5licenseload:false});
    viewer.addVariable("xml", "../../krpano.xml");

to

<script src="/swfobject/swfkrpano.js"></script>
    <script src="/krpanoiphone.license.js"></script>
    <script src="/krpanoiphone.js"></script>
    var viewer = createPanoViewer({swf:"build.swf", id:"krpanoSWFObject", html5:"always", html5licenseload:false});
    viewer.addVariable("xml", "build.xml");

4) Saved changes
    5) I do launch iphone-ipad-simulator.html in browser and got the error: "Browser not supported"
    Trying in IE, Crome and Mozilla...
    What I`m doing wrong?!

With regards, Igor.

Edited 3 times, last by Ukrajinec (October 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM).

• Hi,

I don't seem to be having much luck getting the simulator to work. I'm using krpano-1.17.pr2

As before I changed this part as I just have the one js file

Code
    <!-- path to the krpano viewer files (when these files are merged into one .js file, then just include that one file) -->
    	<script src="tour.js"></script>

and then changed this part as both are called 'tour'

Code
    var viewer = createPanoViewer({swf:"tour.swf", id:"krpanoSWFObject", html5:"only"});
    					viewer.addVariable("xml", "tour.xml");
    					viewer.addVariable("simulatedevice", viewerdevice);
    					viewer.embed("krpanoDIV")

but all I get is a black screen when I view iphone-ipad-simulator.html either online or via the KRPano testing server.

Tried all sorts but don't seem to have any luck.

I have a small iPod that I use for basic testing and that won't show the HTML5 version either.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Hi! Check out this link, it works for me in chrome (Win XP):

http://vt.most-inform.com/ethno/iphone-ipad-simulator.html

Btw, what browser are you using?

I REMEMBERED ONE ISSUE: on this very PC I had to change its graphic card because previous one didn't support some stuff and simulator failed to work all the time. But it threw me an error at least that browser is not supporting Web GL or something.

Regards,

Alexey

• Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked your link in both Firefox V27.0.1 and Chrome Version 32.0.1700.107 m and both work well. Windows 7. Excellent looking tour *thumbsup*

I checked your paths on iphone-ipad-simulator.html and I seem to be ok there. Went to check your tour.xml code but it's encrypted so no way to check that.

At least I know it works as you've just proved it so tomorrow will concentrate on looking at my xml code and see if it's messing things up. Just seemed a little odd as I use to have no problems with it at all before switching to krpano-1.17.pr2 but chances are it's just my code.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Thanks)
    Yep, I encrypted xmls not to show some of my tricks there)) *wink*

If the tour itself loads fine online, then there must be no connection with the paths inside xml. However, simulator uses html5 only so if the tour works fine in Chrome with Flash off and doesn't show at all in simulator, then there's something strange, of course.

Regards,

Alexey

• No problem. I understand the need to encrypt when you've spent so many hours on your xml code *wink*

I made some progress with my problem. Worked out all I had to do was remove <include url="swfaddress.xml"/> from the top area of my tour.xml and everything runs ok.

Well not exactly ok as the iPad simulator works but the image tile next to the one that's visible is always black until you rotate then that black tile becomes visible and the one next to that switched to black. I've attached a screen shot to this post.

I don't care though as I checked it online with my iPod and that displays ok (without the black tiles).

Not sure what to do about the swfaddress.xml as I really need it for this project. Will have to get in touch with the creator and see if something can be worked out.

• Hi,

I don't care though as I checked it online with my iPod and that displays ok (without the black tiles).

These 'black tiles' in this case are a Desktop Chrome CSS3D bug.

When using the iPhone/iPad Layout simulator, the CSS3D rendering was used by default (instead of WebGL as normally) and Google has screwed up the CSS3D rendering in Chrome again. When using Chrome normally WebGL will be used, where this can't happen. Real devices and other browser will also not show that problem.

The krpano version 1.17 itself has already got a change to avoid this case - there the viewer will always use WebGL by default in Chrome, regardless if in the simulator mode or not.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!