krpano 1.0.8 beta 8

• Let's say I've two swf I'd like to display :

the first, intro.swf and the second, krpano.swf

in a "normal" way, I should make a container.swf that embed first intro.swf and when the intro animation is finished, the krpano.swf. But actually, this is not possible to embed krpano.swf.

So, I'm wondering if I could use this preload action to do something similar :

First, the navigator load the krPano.swf, and then immediately the intro.swf. The intro is playing ... and when it's finished, I load my panoramas.

Is it more clear ? *smile*

BTW, thanks for your quick answer, as always ! *smile*

• Hi,

in this case the "intro.swf" will be loaded and "started" and when the "loading" of the "intro.swf" was done the normal pano will start to load, krpano itself can't know when the "intro.swf" was "finished", it can only know when the loading of it was done,

but if you build a "intro.swf" with a "krpano_as3_interface", it could call loadpano() or loadscene() when it was finished to start the pano,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Ok great,

I've few more questions :

- If I don't put any <image> and <preview> in the xml of krPano, is it ok ?

- is it possible to load only intro.swf after krpano.swf and wait for a loadpano() command to load other krpano plugins ?

- if the intro.swf loads other files (swf, flv, mp3, jpg), is it consider by krPano for the "finished loading", or krPano considers only the size of intro.swf ?

Thanks !

• - If I don't put any <image> and <preview> in the xml of krPano, is it ok ?

yes, that's okay, the xml can also be empty or contain only one single plugin for example

- is it possible to load only intro.swf after krpano.swf and wait for a loadpano() command to load other krpano plugins ?

yes, just load only the plugin in the first xml/scene and then intro.swf was done, make a loadpano/loadscene() call from there to load the pano with other plugins,

- if the intro.swf loads other files (swf, flv, mp3, jpg), is it consider by krPano for the "finished loading", or krPano considers only the size of intro.swf ?

krpano can only consider the loading of the "intro.swf" file itself,
    everything that will be loaded from the intro.swf can't be recognized,

• Quoted from "nelk"
    - If I don't put any <image> and <preview> in the xml of krPano, is it ok ?

yes, that's okay, the xml can also be empty or contain only one single plugin for example

Good. And finally, if I put only my intro.swf in the xml, the preload will not change anything I imagine !

Thank you very much ! I can do everything I've plan !

• Hi,

yes, the single quote character (') is used to mark a "string" parameter,
    but [sq] (=singequote) can be used instead,
    e.g.

Code
    onhover="showtext([b][i]Fermer l[sq]aide[/b][/i], INFOSTYLE);"

or here with quotes around the text to demonstrate for what they are used:

Code
    onhover="showtext('[b][i]Fermer l[sq]aide[/b][/i]', INFOSTYLE);"

best regards,
    Klaus

• refreshrate parameter for animated images (swf hotspots) can be 0-60, default is "auto" - this will automatically detect the frame rate for swf movies (for videos it's recommended to use the videoplayer plugin)

It is possible to have different framerate in a flash application ?

I thought there were only one common framerate (the main application, krpano in our case) ???

From Flash about LoaderInfo.framerate :

This value may differ from the actual frame rate in use. Flash Player or Adobe AIR only uses a single frame rate for all loaded SWF files at any one time, and this frame rate is determined by the nominal frame rate of the main SWF file. Also, the main frame rate may not be able to be achieved, depending on hardware, sound synchronization, and other factors.

• It is possible to have different framerate in a flash application ?

Hi,

no, there is only one "framerate" of the Flash stage,

the "refreshrate" means something other - this parameter is only for distorted hotspots,

there the internal bitmap of the distorted hotspot must be refreshed with the real contents at a given rate,
    e.g. when using a animated swf or video swf as distorted hotspot,

when set to "auto" krpano tries to find automatically the correct/best rate for the plugin,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for this great panoviewer!

I have tried the video-plugin. I get a "glitch" every time the flv repeats. Is it possible to fix that so it will be a seamless experience?

Regards,
    Martin

• There seems to be an issue with "textstyle.fadetime" not working correctly?

While trying to track it down I noticed that you can have a "fadetime" param in your XML for a <textstyle>, but when viewing the XML in the EDITOR that param does not appear. Nor does it show up when you copy the XML to the clipboard and put it in a new document.

• on some of my imported QTVR files, looktohotspot() moves in the wrong direction. On others it operates correctly.

Is it something like an earlier issue you addressed with regards to the video plugin?

Update - 2009-06-15:
    videoplugin
    fixed looktohotspot() - wrong caluclation of the hotspot center on wrapped point coordniates

• Hi, klaus!
    Thanks for possibilities of new version KRPANO! It does not turn out to use all of them yet.
    I can not insert to the scene combobox. It is possible?
    I wish to receive effect like this:
    http://www.zubetzblitz.narod.ru/GALARY/pano_d_n/daynight.html
    It is the test. Now I make virtual tour here:
    http://www.zubetzblitz.narod.ru/GALARY/malaysia/malaysia.html
    I wish to make view from hotel room with switching of internal lighting. Room is shined or blacked out.

Code
    <plugin name="combobox" url="plugins/combobox.swf" align="leftbottom" x="20" y="80"  keep="true" />
    <!--  scene/pano sf03 Room of hotel the TANGERINE lighting is included -->
    <scene name="scene_sf03"  
    <action name="combobox:lighting ON">
    loadpano(1.xml,null,KEEPALL,BLEND(2));
    </action>
    <action name="combobox:lighting OFF">
    loadpano(2.xml,null,KEEPALL,BLEND(2));
    </action
    </scene>

Why does not work?

• Hi,

There seems to be an issue with "textstyle.fadetime" not working correctly?

While trying to track it down I noticed that you can have a "fadetime" param in your XML for a <textstyle>, but when viewing the XML in the EDITOR that param does not appear. Nor does it show up when you copy the XML to the clipboard and put it in a new document.

thanks, you're right, the current editor plugin was not up to date, so it doesn't show this new parameter,
    in the next release it will have it,

on some of my imported QTVR files, looktohotspot() moves in the wrong direction. On others it operates correctly.

do you have an not working example?

since the 1.0.8 beta 8 (build 2009-06-15) it should work correctly,
    it should move along the shortest path to the given hotspot...

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!