New to this need help please

• HI

Im new to this and would like some help in using the application.

Firstly im wondering if there is a user manual for this program, if not do I need strong html knowledge to run the program?

Also how do i create hotspots and link files together in the same panoramic? when i load the .swf file into flash I get the message come up... "loading error (IO Error)".

cheers

Dave

• Welcome Dave!

There's not a "traditional" user manual that systematically walks you through implementation / integration into your site... BUT there is the documentation area of the main krpano site (http://www.krpano.com/docu/) that will provide you the information that you need for basic setup... as well as the examples that are part of the download packages.

Since you are just starting out... it's a must to start with the stable (non-beta) release (1.0.7) located here . All of the site documentation (linked to earlier) is based upon that release. There is a lot of stuff on the forum that is based on the 1.0.8 beta releases... and can get confusing.

You do not need a lot of html knowledge... but that statement could be considered subjective... *wink* The primary use of html is to just put the krpano.swf (and some relevant information that it needs) onto your page. Most of the things you will do to create / customize your pano will be XML based... but don't worry if you aren't an expert in XML... Klaus has done a great job of creating an XML scheme / nomenclature that could be considered self-explanatory (again, a subjective statement).

Some things that you will need to get started on your local computer:
    - patience
    - text editor (like notepad)
    - free download version

In regards to your error when loading into a flash player (assuming your referring to a stand alone flash player)... the krpano.swf will load and look for an XML file called krpano.xml. When you tried this, hopefully an "info" box showed up at the bottom of the viewer as well and showed something like...

Code
    INFO: krpano 1.0.8 beta 7 (build 2009-04-08)
    INFO: Flashplayer WIN 9,0,151,0 StandAlone (debug)
    WARNING: ExternalInterface NOT available
    ERROR: download of "krpano.xml" failed
    FATAL: krpano.xml - loading error (IO Error)

The info box is critical... if yours didn't show up... try doing it again and then pressing "o" (not zero) to get it to show.

As far as hotspots and links and etc... well, first things first... go through the documentation on the site, look at the samples and see if you can get a basic pano loaded... if you run into some challenges... come back to the forum and ask some more questions... someone will try to help.

If you don't want to have to mess with the html (small portion) and the XML (large portion) right now, you can look at Autopano... while fundamentally a great stitching program, the new release incorporates some flash export and tour creation options utilizing krpano.
    link - http://www.autopano.net/en/photo-stitc…opano-tour.html

I look forward to seeing you around the forums. *smile*

• There is certainly a steep learning curve if you're unfamiliar with xml. I was very surprised myself to just find a bunch of folders and files. But you soon realise that in there is an amazing amount of flexability and power.

The only way is to look at a simple example panorama and open up the xml file. Next, have your own panorama image ready and just replace the example image name with your image. Now at least you're looking at your own scene.

Then use the editor plugin to start incrementally changing some parameters to see the effect. Very soon it will all start to make sense and in a short time you will be customising everything !

My main advice when starting is to create some practice folders and drop only what you need into them. Don't clutter up your "master" folders with experiments or you will rapidly get confused about what elements go with what code.

For a novice I think two days solid study is enough to understand how it all works and start to feel confident.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!