Some statistics on how people navigate panoramas

• I have been studying the traffic on some of my multi-shot panorama tours. Interesting stats I thought I'd share from a sample of about 150 unique views, so not a huge group but still valid for some conclusions. I made different panos in different ways to test some of the paths people take. Of course these results may not be so much about the interface elements - maybe my tour was just too boring ! But still, here is what I found:

• Half the people only looked at the first scene.
    • Of the half that did go on, most would click on the big hotspots in the panoramas themselves rather than thumbnail picture navigation.
    • Only 20% clicked on a thumbnail picture to view a new scene
    • Where there was an audio track that required the user to "click to play" only about 20% bothered to click

The other stat I would love to know, but can't see how to get, is how many people used the "full screen" option.

If anyone else has some stats to share I think it would be valuable to us all to see what elements are most successful. After all none of us here are really competing with each other. The more popular and usable panoramas become, the more business for all of us.

• great idea and will be interesting to see the results but you should include the pano tour,I think some tours become too complicated and people get frustrated or confused and then leave.

*wacko*

• Richard: try the Google analytics plugin and have an action on enter full screen like this:

Code
    <events onenterfullscreen="call(events.trackthis,/pano_name_enter_fs);"/>

that should track any user that enters full screen, it will appear on google as pano_name_enter_fs

hope it helps :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!