iOS issue: "FATAL ERROR: xml/add-littlplanet.xml - xml parsing error"

• In my global xml file I have this line of code to include an xml code block for a little planet intro:

<include url="xml/add-littleplanetview.xml" />

It works in a desktop bowser but not on an iOS browser giving the above error message.

When I replace the <include> line with the code from the add-littleplanet.xml file everything works. The xml code validates (with a concern over xml declaration). I'm assuming I assume I have something wrong with the <include> statement but don't know what? I've read the threads on xml parsing errors and found a couple of things that helped me tidy up ,y xml file but not fix this error.

Help is greatly appreciated! I understand too little of this. :(

The add-littleplanet.xml code:

<krpano version="1.0.8.14">
    <!-- Code for the Little Planet View -->

<!-- startup view settings for 'little planet view' (stereographic=true + fisheye=1.0 + fov>120 + vlookat>70) -->
    <view stereographic="true"
    fisheye="1.0"
    fov="145"
    fovtype="VFOV"
    fovmax="145"
    hlookat="-90"
    vlookat="90"
    />

<!-- fisheye and little planets projections are needing more cpu rendering performance, to reduce the cpu need and get better performance and frame rate, switch to Flash9 rendering while in fisheye/littleplanet/stereographic mode -->
    <display flash10="off" details="24" />

<!-- when the loading is done, wait 0.0 seconds and then start with the animation to an normal view -->
    <events onloadcomplete="delayedcall(0.0, normalview());" />

<action name="normalview">
    tween(view.hlookat, -10, 7, easeInOutQuad);
    tween(view.vlookat, 10, 5, easeInOutQuad);
    tween(view.fov, 30, 10, easeInOutQuad);
    tween(view.fisheye, 0.0, 5, easeInOutQuad);
    wait(8);
    set(display.flash10, on);
    showtext('Downtown Sausalito, California[br][br]music: Ignacio Núñez', infostyle) </action>

<!-- Wait 2.0 seconds and then start autorotation to the horizon point with a 90º fov -->
    <autorotate enabled="true"
    waittime="2.0"
    accel="1.5"
    speed="5"
    horizon="0"
    tofov="90"
    />

<!-- showtext() textstyle -->
    <textstyle name="infostyle"
    origin="center" edge="center" yoffset="-39" textalign="center" background="false" border="false"
    fontsize="40" textcolor="0xFFFFFF" bold="false" effect="glow(0xFFFFFF,0.7,4,2);glow(0x000000,1,4,2);dropshadow(3,45,0x000000,2,0.6);"
    showtime="4.0" fadeintime="1.0" fadetime="1.0"
    />
    </krpano>

• Hi,

is the a root xml node (<krpano>) in your include xml?
    That would be necessary because of the xml syntax rules.
    The Flashplayer itself is very tolerant to xml syntax errors, but the HTML5 browsers are not.

To check the xml syntax just open the xml directly in the browser.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!