Convert SPHERE to CUBE droplet.bat problem

• Hi,
    I have the problem with "Convert SPHERE to CUBE droplet.bat" - many times, when I´ve created the Tiff-cubes from my panorama, some of the 6 cubes was not readable at all - Photoshop has said that there is "parsing problem of tiff file" ... Now I have tried 1.0.8.15 version, but the same problem appears from time to time even here...
    Did somebody else notice the same?

Best regards,
    Igor Socha

• Hi,

how large (in filesize) are your images? (the images that the tools had created)

Note - the maximum valid filesize for a tiff image is 2 GB!
    When the filesize is larger, then the tiff structure becomes invalid and other tools might be not longer able to open it.

In this case I would recommend using PSB, BigTiff or KRO instead (can be changed in the 'convertdroplets.config' file). These file formats don't have such limitation.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,
    they aren´t so large - 4775x4775 cube faces, each about 163 -175 MB. Today I´ve done 5 panos, it has happended 2 times. One of the series of 6 images was not good - I had to use the droplet again.
    Thanx

PS: is it possible to use the droplet WITHOUT CHANGING of existing color profile to sRGB?
    Thanx

Best regards,
    Igor Socha

• Hi,

they aren´t so large - 4775x4775 cube faces, each about 163 -175 MB. Today I´ve done 5 panos, it has happended 2 times. One of the series of 6 images was not good - I had to use the droplet again.

okay, that's very strange...

what system are you using?

are there any errors in the console during processing?

PS: is it possible to use the droplet WITHOUT CHANGING of existing color profile to sRGB?

currently any embedded color profile informations were ignored during image reading,
    and the new written image files were also written without any profile informations,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Win7 64bit / no errors
    ---
    hmmm - I have the pano in AdobeRGB, but each time I make the cubefaces, all of them are sRGB. I´m asking because we would like to print some panos after retouching the tripod... many thanx

Best regards,
    Igor Socha

• Win7 64bit / no errors

okay, are there any other informations that could help reproducing that problem?

hmmm - I have the pano in AdobeRGB, but each time I make the cubefaces, all of them are sRGB. I´m asking because we would like to print some panos after retouching the tripod... many thanx

that's because sRGB is the default when nothing is set,
    support for color space setting and color profiles is already planed but not done yet,

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!