Krpano for idiots, the big HTML 5 migration

• One of the big reasons I chose krPano was because of the wonderful ability to span many platforms, including mobile devices. Recently I updated my phone to a Galaxy S3, and it wasn't until later that I learned Adobe is no longer supporting their mobile software, and instead is letting HTML 5 take over. So now I have these panos that I can't see on my phone, and neither can my friends if I show them my site!

I tried reading the website for the "how do I" but to be honest, the krpano site can be very confusing and daunting for a beginner like myself. Could anyone help me by laying out a step by step to updating my panos so they are HTML 5 compatible?

Many thanks,
    John

• Hi,

have you already tried the MAKE PANO or MAKE VTOUR droplets?
    They will generate automatically Flash and HTML5 panos...

e.g. see the video in this thread:
    krpano 1.0.8.15

Btw - HTML5 on the Samsung Galaxy S3 should work very fine!
    I have tested it last time and it was the fastest Android phone that I have tested yet - the performance was 'iPad-like' (which means very good ).

e.g. try the tours here: (click the 'View HTML5 Version' logo)
    https://krpano.com/examples/vtour/#top

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Actually yes! I went and grabbed the newest version (.15) and then recreated the panos for the tour (dropped all the panos on the make tour), and it turned out great!

It's a shame the small thumbnails are gone and replaced by that bar along the bottom, I'm going to have to spend a lot of time learning more xml now, or if I can find a teacher to pay for a lesson, that would be fantastic!

I also noticed that the gyro for the Galaxy S3 isn't working properly, as I believe it's mentioned on the site, but it's a FANTASTIC thing to look forward to! All in all this new version is the best! Great work!

• Hi,

It's a shame the small thumbnails are gone and replaced by that bar along the bottom

if you want the old thumbnails - they are still there!
    Just change in the 'vtour-normal.config' or 'vtour-mres.config' (templates folder) this line:

Code
    include vtourskin-scrolling-thumbnails-bingmaps-gyro.skin

to this one:

Code
    include vtourskin-stacking-thumbnails.skin

I also noticed that the gyro for the Galaxy S3 isn't working properly

Yes, the Android Browser is unfortunately buggy here... I don't know yet, if filtering/correcting the bad gyro values manually will be possible or if its necessary to wait for an Android update...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus, help me.
    How to create custom placeholders for xmltemplate = (Make VTour (Multires))
    I want to do [LANG] with <phrase name = "s1"> <language name = "en" text = "" /> </ phrase>
    Thank you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!