problems with virtual tours 'timing out' when loading

• This is not really a problem with krpano but more related to poor download connectivity.

If the internet connection is slow (especially over 3g) then occasiionally I get messages that the pano failed to load. I've had clients experience this with flash tours as well, when their bandwidth is limited. FYI - I dont get the problem at all on my broadband connection, i see it mainly over 3g.

Is it possble to set a timeout parameter (possibly in seconds) so that the client will continue to try and download the cubeface images before giving the error message. For mobile and tablet devices this is particularly important, given the bandwidth is more 'flakey'.

thanks

Tim

• Hi,

the download/connection 'timeout' is handled by the browser and can't be modified,
    but the krpano Flash viewer has a 'retrycount' setting for 'how often try to download a file before reporting an error':
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#network.retrycount

in the krpano HTML5 viewer this setting is currently not available, but will probably be supported in the 1.0.9 version,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!