Protection on iDevices

• There is so much information spread on many thread that is is difficult to really grasp all at once.
    I will try to make clear - and please correct me if wrong - some points
    My work involves encryption of all tiles, for copyright reasons for my clients. I don't care about encrypting the rest as long as my krpano keys are safe, I guess.

-Tiles for mob and tab cannot be encrypted, they have to be unencrypted - these are low res so acceptable for my clients.

-XML files can be encrypted in the'Encryption-Tool' tab, providing "Use HTML5/Javascript compatible encryption"

-Base JS has the iDevices licenses embedded, or not.
    Embedded. This unique JS file cannot be encrypted, otherwise I loose the pano on desktop and iDevices
    Non embedded. Base JS cannot be encrypted, I loose Pano. krpanoiphone.license.js cannot be encrypted=demo version

So in any case , my krpanoreg and krpanokey (these for iDevices viewer I understand) are clearly visible. Is that a problem?

• What I do is, copy all your licences to the tools folder. Then drag and drop a random panorama on CREATE VTOUR droplet. This will create a folder vtour with tour.swf and tour.js file. These files have your licence embedded in. Now you can copy those two files to any krpano project. There's probally a nicer way using krprotect and such, but this is nice and fast ;p

• Zephyr,

This is exactly what i have been doing.
    Now if you look into the tour.js file, it seems to me the key name and registration is clearly visible.
    Wanted to know if that was normal and ok?

Otherwise do you agree the different points in my first post are correct?

Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!