Motorized pano head for street view

• Hi,

It's me again! you're friendly off topic thread starter. Anybody here use a motorized pano head? I'm planning on getting one. Our attempt to make one failed. We can't find a way to mount the nodal ninja 3 to the stepper motor, has anybody tried to make their own here?I'm exploring other options, like buying one but I still can't find one that's cheap enough and has the minimum functions we need. I'm planning to do google street view here, we will shoot early morning when there aren't a lot of people in the streets. We will mount it on top of a car because I'm not open to the idea of driving a bike around the city *g*, like what google is doing now. We only need to shoot 6-8 shots around no nadir and zenith. we tilt the camera 10 degrees up to cover the sky and for the zenith just photoshop with an ad or a logo since its just the roof of the car. Does anyone have any experience on motorozied pano heads? or a google street view type project? using a dslr and not 360 video (this is too expensive).

Thanks,
    Milo

• Yes, I like the 4.5 sigma. 3 picture, and ready the panorama!

BUT! the picture vill be smaller, then usually, because, the picture is in the ccd 1/3. abouth.

I make a picture vith D40 (6Mpixel). The finalli panorama, will be abouth 3000/1500 pixel.

Conversely, if the topic is moveing, then the 3 picture give good result.

Good Choice!

• Great Britain - Google Street View, the controversial Web service that has already photographed thousands of streets across the UK, will go further with the launch of Google Trike, a bicycle equipped to capture images of places inaccessible by car . Street View but still raises questions about privacy.

Mounted on the bike of 110 kg, a camera provides a view of the street to 360 degrees and the box behind the seat of the rider with software that processes images. This mountain bike reach areas not accessible to cars.

The first pictures are those of the notorious three points selected by the British public itself, through a survey by VisitBritain, the national tourism. Justin Reid, of VisitBritain, said: "The new bike will allow us to put forward many UK destinations and we hope to get other ideas from the public."

The bike is currently being tested in the streets of Genoa and is expected in England next summer. The images collected will be processed and carefully assembled by a software, which could take months. They will then be available on Google Maps.

Street View was launched in Britain in March and already covers 25 cities, but opinions on this application are shared. While some have downloaded and believe it provides fascinating snapshots of Great Britain, others consider it a huge invasion of privacy. Villagers unhappy in Cambridgeshire have Google blocked a car, preventing it from taking pictures of their neighborhood. A spokesperson for Google has stated that the faces and license plates will be blurred. In addition, owners can apply for their home is no longer visible on Street View.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!