krpano 1.0.8.15 (Updated)

• The system is actually not new, but a more convenient way of writing. To create it dynamicly, you just set the parent of the layer/plugin

<code>
    set(layer[title1].parent, 'textmask');
    </code>

Yes, but...

Klaus said:

I mean if the "old" dynamic parent = "" system will work in the new version just as Klaus said? *question*

Piotr

• It looks like the new skin doesn't work properly on my phone LG Optimus Sol :(  
    With the old skin I have no problem!

With the new I had to tap several times to have effect and some times only after 1 second or so for the zoom in/out .
    Like, press .. then nothing for 1 sec .. then the button become white.. and then does a speedy useless zooming

Also for the button which makes visible the lower bar is need to tap several times to have the bar shown but to hide the bar usually works after one or two taps.

here is a test tour:
    http://www.livepanoramas.com/dorin/Continental-iphone/

cheers,
    Dorin

• Hi,

Is there a chance to get the preview-thumbnails automatically udated when the startup view has changed?

The Flashplayer file interface only allows saving one file at once and only via the system save-as dialog, so automatically updating the thumbnails files is not possible at the moment via the current plugin (maybe later with a different interface/tool).

When I change value of zoom for bing maps it doesnt change in fov
    in safari with user agent iPhone iPad The bing maps works in demo version

When i Change fov_moveforce in in out up dowm rigth left not change behavior

sorry, but I really don't understand/know what you mean...
    can you explain further?

The new system layer is remarkable.

Is it possible to dynamically create these things?

The dynamic system is still the same like in the previous versions - just use addplugin() or addlayer() to create dynamically the elements and 'link' them by setting the parent settings.

Anyhow, I have a problem with control.usercontrol in HTML5 / iOS. When I use set(control.usercontrol,'off'); it only sort-of disables navigation. If I flick very quickly, the view still gets changed a bit. This used to work fine until now (i.e. setting it to off completely disabled navigation, but that's no longer the case).

Thanks for this note! That will be fixed in the next release.

Also, I'm having some issues with the new version where the entire page in iOS is "draggable", i.e. I can drag the entire panorama display (which covers the entire page!) around and "rubber band / bounce" into the limits. This also used to be different with the previous version. If you want, I can PM you a link to my test project with has both of these issues?

The page should only become 'dragable' on the iPhone when a 100%x100% fullwindow size is used during embedding, and the urlbar is visible, but as soon as the urlbar is hidden again (by dragging the page up or by the automatic url bar hiding) the 'drag-ability' should be gone and the pano dragging working normally again.

I noticed you can configure thumbsize in the configuration, but this doesn't alter the selected border (skin_thumbborder) width and height.

This was indented, the 'thumb border' is an image and is designed for retina-usage (2x scaled), for different thumb sizes, the thumb border image itself should be modified.

I mean if the "old" dynamic parent = "" system will work in the new version just as Klaus said? *question*

Yes, the 'old' dynamic parent system is still working .
    The <layer> und sub-layering are just a new additional xml syntax possibilities.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• hi klaus,

wow! danke für dieses großartige update.

eine frage hab ich gleich dazu: wo finde ich die settings der bingmap in den touren die durch das neue vtour erzeugt werden? möchte gerne zoomsettings usw. ändern. bin leider noch nicht dahintergekommen wo das map plugin nun liegt?!?

english (short version):
    where is the map plugin located in the tours created with the new make_vtour droplet? i'd like to change some details (eg. zoomsettings, ...). i haven't found where it's located now?!?

EDIT:
    never mind, found it -> vtourskin.xml

SOLVED

lg
    christian

Edited once, last by pano_ramic (August 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM).

• After some more testing, seems that
    the
    new skin is responsive as good as the old one in fullscreen only
    so the previously reported symptoms must be investigated in non fullscreen
    Tested in couple of browsers, in fullscreen is responsive, in nonfullscreen behave as described bellow

cheers,
    Dorin

• Hi,

After some more testing, seems that
    the new skin is responsive as good as the old one in fullscreen only
    so the previously reported symptoms must be investigated in non fullscreen
    Tested in couple of browsers, in fullscreen is responsive, in nonfullscreen behave as described bellow

Are you talking about Android Flash or Desktop browser?

The new default vtour skin should be much more responsive/fluid then the old default vtour skin (which was basically only the stacking-thumbs). In the new skin, just the thumbnails-bar is scrolling up and down, which is technically much better than animating all thumbs separately like in the old skin.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• The xml in the editor can not be scrolled. I tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari but they all have the same.
    How can you use this. Is there some hidden option for this, I remember the old editor was the same but I did not care as I never used it.

Also if you edit the xml and then choose to save it you are not taken to the tour folder but to a place I probably used long time ago.
    Even worse the Finder functions do not work as I have it. I have used Default Folder on Mac for 15 years to easy navigate directly to any folder but it does not open from this save dialog.

Hans

• Hans, not sure if it will work on Mac but I'm using the mouse's wheel to scroll up/down
    Might be needed to click first, if somehow looses the focus, also the arrows keys and page up /down automatically scrolls left-right and up-down

cheers,
    Dorin

• Hans, not sure if it will work on Mac but I'm using the mouse's wheel to scroll up/down
    (migh be needed to click first, if somehow looses the focus)

cheers,
    Dorin

OK got it now. You have to place a text mark at the bottom and now you can use the arrows.

Is this how you do it in Windows also. Scrollbars would be nice.

How can you do this on a laptop with no extended keyboard.?

Hans

• Hi,

The xml in the editor can not be scrolled. I tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari but they all have the same.
    How can you use this. Is there some hidden option for this, I remember the old editor was the same but I did not care as I never used it.

On Mac, the Flashplayer security settings need to be changed to get the Mouse wheel working locally,
    see here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/localusage/#top

Also if you edit the xml and then choose to save it you are not taken to the tour folder but to a place I probably used long time ago.

That's unfortunately a limitation of the Flashplayer file interface, there is no way to specify the folder, the Flashplayer always uses a kind of last-used folder.

Even worse the Finder functions do not work as I have it. I have used Default Folder on Mac for 15 years to easy navigate directly to any folder but it does not open from this save dialog.

That's also caused by the Flashplayer itself and is not controllable by coding.
    An alternative to the save dialog would be copying all the xml and pasting it manually to the real xml file with a normal text editor.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Is this how you do it in Windows also. Scrollbars would be nice.

Yes, the arrows always can be used the change the cursor position and so to 'scroll' the text.
    And on Windows the mouse wheel should always work to scroll the text.

Scollbars are already planed, maybe already in the next release.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Yes, the arrows always can be used the change the cursor position and so to 'scroll' the text.
    And on Windows the mouse wheel should always work to scroll the text.

Scollbars are already planed, maybe already in the next release.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Thanks that would be nice.

Another thing in the config file you made 2 versions for making Mobile images, the disabled one for iPad + Retina. I assume that Mobile does work for iPad 1 and 2 without devices settings.

It might be a little confusing I think that you did not make the ipad3 a tablet tag. As far as I remember Android will use the standard images if there is no tablet images or devices setting for it on the mobile.

Hans

• sorry, but I really don't understand/know what you mean...
    can you explain further?

Well , when I open bingmaps this is the screen that I get

I have to do with the mouse scroll to view the map
    I try to change the zoom in the code to fix this and that the map is displayed on the site and the zoom level I want, but I put in any number, is equal to the view shown

when viewed on iPhone tells me that Bing maps is in demo mode

• Another thing in the config file you made 2 versions for making Mobile images, the disabled one for iPad + Retina. I assume that Mobile does work for iPad 1 and 2 without devices settings.

In 1.0.8.15 the 'image selection' works that way for iOS and Android: (from top to down)

1. when there is a <tablet> image, then this one will be used,
    2. is no <tablet> image available, but a <mobile> image, then use the <mobile> image,
    3. are there no <tablet> or <moible> images, then try to load the normal desktop images .

The need of separate smaller mobile images and bigger tablet images is not necessary anymore. The 1024px images are a very good compromise and will work everywhere good. On older devices like the iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod touch they can be also used, but there the krpano viewer will scale them internally down for better browser stability.
    See here the hardwarelimit documentation:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#display.html5rendermode

It might be a little confusing I think that you did not make the ipad3 a tablet tag. As far as I remember Android will use the standard images if there is no tablet images or devices setting for it on the mobile.

I thought the current name <tablet> for the bigger images was confusing too, because the iPhone 4, Android phones and tables were using that images by default too. Just <mobile> plus an optional devices setting might be more logically and allow more control.
    I have listed here several possibilities for how to specific different image sizes for different devices:
    https://krpano.com/docu/html5/#mobilenotes

If you want to create automatically bigger images for the iPad 3, modify the droplets and the xml that way:
    In the .config files add these lines:

Code
    customimage[ipad3].size=1400
    customimage[ipad3].path=%INPUTPATH%/ºSENAME%.tiles/ipad3_%s.jpg
    customimage[ipad3].imagesettings=jpegquality=85 jpegsubsamp=444 jpegoptimize=true
    customimage[ipad3].xml=<mobile devices="iPad+Retina">[NL][TAB]<cube url="[PATH]" />[NL]</mobile>

and the in xml template add that line:

Code
    <display html5rendermode="2" devices="iPad+Retina" />

or this one:

Code
    <display html5rendermode="1" hardwarelimit="1400" devices="iPad+Retina" />

But note - 1400px images can work okay on the iPad 3, but not in every situation, e.g. together with the Bing Maps plugin or many other elements on the screen it can be too much for an fluid and uninterrupted pano viewing. That's also the reason why there are no bigger iPad 3 images by default.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Well , when I open bingmaps this is the screen that I get

okay, I will check this, it seems there are no tiles available at that zoom level in this case...
    How 'far' do you need to zoom out to get the tiles? Currently the Bing maps plugins tries only a fews steps back to get a supported zoom level.

when viewed on iPhone tells me that Bing maps is in demo mode

In your screenshot the krpano logo is shown too (= demo mode) - have you placed the bingmaps.license.xml in the same folder as the bingmap.swf?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• From my tests this is not neccesary. Ipad 3 will use the 1400 without downsampling just with the devices="iPad+retina"

Hans

• How 'far' do you need to zoom out to get the tiles? Currently the Bing maps plugins tries only a fews steps back to get a supported zoom level.

I just need a one step zoom out to see the map
    but this is shown a zoom level too high

demo version for bing maps is solved

• I did a lot of testing on this and found that iPad 3 did not downsample the 1400.

The HTML5 rendermode 2 affect also iPad3 as soon as you ad some hotspots and videos so I never used that .

Regarding the tablet tag I can see now that you do not have it in the new documentation.

However I hope that it still works if you update an old tour.

Hans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!