videoplayer: ERROR: SecurityError: Error #2122

• Hi all,

I begin to try videoplayer. I use the example video-hotspot in the package of krpano.

All is fine in local server but when I play this example in the server of my web site (with domain name):
    I've got a trace error: SecurityError: Error #2122

NOTE:
    - I've the license de krpano.
    - krpano files(krpano.swf, swfkrpano.js) /plugin files(videoplayer.swf,videoplayer.js ) should be in good path (it play well in local server).
    - If I remove in XML the content related to videospot, there is no more the problem.

What should be the cause ?

Thanks in advance to help me !

Robert

• I've put this question since severals days, nobody can give an answer.

I guess the customer support of krpano exists. You are not active in the forum?
    At least, you may ask me some questions to check what's the possibilities ?

I've just purchased krpano. I use currently FPP.

I'm still in the step of evaluate krpano. This video problem blocks my decision to migrate to krpano.

Please help me....

• Hi,

I've tested also the link in krpano.com:
    https://krpano.com/examples/10814…eo-hotspot.html

same error: ERROR: SecurityError: Error #2122 !!

Strange, who can explain ?

yes, that's very strange!
    On my systems the link is still working fine.

A security error will happen, when the Flashplayer tries to load files from different domains where the access is not allowed.
    But this is not the case in that example.

So the problem might be somewhere on your side, maybe there is something between the browser and the server, that would redirect or modify the video file.
    What browser are you using? Any special add-on or plugin installed? Or some kind of virus scanners that can modify/interfere the direct loading of files?

I guess the customer support of krpano exists. You are not active in the forum?

I'm currently extremely busy with preparing the release of a new krpano version, so the support will be a bit delayed for the moment.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Thanks to your reaction !

To answer your questions:
    - We test with several browsers: IE, firefox, safari, iPad...
    - and several machines...
    - No special add-on/plugin installed. Anti-virus software shouldn't influence because we can browse the popular websites with video/pano without problem. For example, no problem with FPP+video plugin.

The testing result is the same: krpano's videoplayer cannot run.

HOWEVER, we tested with others Internet connection operators (wireless card or another provider), there is no more problem :
    krpano's videoplayer is running !

So this may give a first conclusion :
    - krpano's videplayer has more limitation on security
    - we have a Internet connection provider who have more security limitation.

But FPP + video player has not problem.
    We should not to ask our provider to change something on their network parameters because it should be the software to adapt to all condition.

So, could you check a bit more on your videoplugin to see if there is something to be corrected ?

• Hi,

krpano's videplayer has more limitation on security

the videoplayer plugin doesn't do any special that would lead to 'more' security problems...

we have a Internet connection provider who have more security limitation.

sorry, that's also wrong, that's not related to any 'security ' thing.

'security problems' are only happening when trying to load files from different domains!

We should not to ask our provider to change something on their network parameters because it should be the software to adapt to all condition.

a normal provider shouldn't change any transfered data!
    but if it does that, I would recommend to change and avoid that provider - all transfered data should be always untouched by the provider !

But FPP + video player has not problem.

have you tried with the same video and on the same server?

So, could you check a bit more on your videoplugin to see if there is something to be corrected ?

sorry, but there is nothing to correct here - I can share you the videoplayer plugin sources if you wouldn't believe!
    assumed your provider replaced or redirected the video - what should the plugin do in this case?

maybe try using some browser developer tools to see which and from where the files were loaded, maybe the problem can be seen this way...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

What I can confirm:
    - I use the same video, the same pano cube's images in the same server to test FPP and krpano. No problem with FPP.
    - with this Internet provider, I dont discover other problem yet: the most of websites are running...

Maybe there is not issue on videplayer, but how about the usage of krpano player ?
    I begin to test krpano since few. Maybe I'm wrong on some step to use krpano.swf ?
    In fact, I use a krpano.swf file generated by MAKE PANO (NORMAL) droplet.bat for another scene.

Anyway, this cannot explain:
    - the example in the website krpano.com has the same issue.
    - with another provide, the thing is well.

Indeed, the worst solution will be to change my Internet provider...

• Hi,

- I use the same video, the same pano cube's images in the same server to test FPP and krpano. No problem with FPP.

Can you please show links to these example?
    I would be interested to analyze them.

Anyway, this cannot explain:
    - the example in the website krpano.com has the same issue.

This is the strange thing, which should be normally not possible...

Have you tried this suggestion:

maybe try using some browser developer tools to see which and from where the files were loaded, maybe the problem can be seen this way...

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!