Insane default control values

• The default control settings are for some settings completely insane and should be changed to some which can actually be used as normal settings.

Especially the settings for fovspeed default 3.0 and keybspeed default 10.0 are completely unusable.

Fovspeed should be around 0.5 and keyboard speed 0.3-0.8 to be usable on modern computers.

Maybe if you have a 10 year old the default settings make sense.

Hans

Edited once, last by HansNyb (July 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM).

• Of course I know that.

Thats not my point. Take a look around at different sites. You will find a lot of bad ones which are impossible to use with keyboard navigation just because they do not understand how to do this or have just not thought about it.

Not even 360cities . Your own site is just as bad. They spin like hell with 360 degrees in 1.5 sec,

A default value should of course be a usable value. Thats the idea with default.
    Its gives KRPano bad reputation that so many sites use this default values.

Hans

• Hi,

The default control settings are for some settings completely insane and should be changed to some which can actually be used as normal settings.

sorry, but I disagree here!

The controlling is often a matter of personal preference, but the default settings should work fine and be good compromise on all kind of computers and for all kind of pano images...

And please also note - the mouse/touch device itself and their sensitive settings also affect the controlling.

About 'fovspeed=0.5' - I think that would be much too slow,
    e.g. try this gigapixel with fovspeed=0.5:
    https://krpano.com/krpano.html?pa…ol.fovspeed=0.5

it takes ages (8-9 seconds) until fully zoomed in (when constantly rolling the mouse wheel as fast as you can )

best regards,
    Klaus

• Actually that gigapixel is perfect both for keyboard and button zoom.

Mouses are very different. The magic mac mouse work completely different from a standard windows mouse.

For a normal size pano this speed is perfect for me. A Gigapixel of course may require a little faster, but I think not the default settings should be made for gigapixel.

The panning with keyboard arrows is just awful and completely unusable.

Hans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!