External XML files instead of scenes - VTOUR droplet

• Hi,

I'm considering re-constructing a rather large tour (20 nodes) using external xml files for each pano instead of scenes in the same xml.

I'm mainly concerned about the loading time (black screen) at the start- reading some earlier threads I gathered that using a single xml file with many scene tags can increase this initial loading time? It's better to use external xml pano files to decrease this loading time at the start. Is this correct?

I'm currently using the VTOUR (Multires) Droplet to create tours but was wondering whether the config file file for this droplet can be altered to create external xml files for each pano rather than a single xml file with scenes.
    Or would I have to create each pano separately using the MAKE PANO droplet and link them using loadpano?

Just a bit confused how to go about as I'm used to using scenes and the VTOUR droplet.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

• Hi,

I'm mainly concerned about the loading time (black screen) at the start- reading some earlier threads I gathered that using a single xml file with many scene tags can increase this initial loading time? It's better to use external xml pano files to decrease this loading time at the start. Is this correct?

no, that's not correct (unless your xml is really big, e.g. several hundred kb...) or you have a lot of includes and sub-includes...

I'm currently using the VTOUR (Multires) Droplet to create tours but was wondering whether the config file file for this droplet can be altered to create external xml files for each pano rather than a single xml file with scenes.
    Or would I have to create each pano separately using the MAKE PANO droplet and link them using loadpano?

the VTOUR droplets are especially made for creating the scenes,
    for separated panos/xml files, drop all panos on the MAKE PANO droplets,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!