Securing Copyright notice in Context menu

• Hi,

I'm adding a copyright notice to the context menu in the xml template, and I'm embedding all the files into a single swf file. I'd like to prevent the copyright notice being removed, but I'd still like to keep the JS interface open so I can pass variables into it on embedding the flash.

Obviously it's possible to overwrite the copyright context menu item via JS if you knew or could guess the name of the menu item (eg. copyright) (ie. by settings contextmenu.item[copyright].caption). So I came up with the idea of using a secure key for the menu item name key, so this could not be guessed and hence could not be overwritten via JS.

My question is - are there other ways (via JS variables or otherwise) to remove or hide the custom context menu items? Could someone just override the entire <contextmenu> settings block?

A second question is - is the xml embedded into the swf via the singleswf template really secure, or should I be encrypting the xml *and* embedding it? I assume not, but just wanted to check as I'm not too familiar with how editable flash files are.

Thanks, David

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!