Control pano with kinect - how to Jump to hotspot with a key stroke?

• Hi,

We want to create an indoor walk through tour similar to google street view & to be controlled by ms kinect sensor:
    we shall take Pano shots at a fixed short distance and user shall able to "walk through" the space.

However, to simplify the setup, the kinect sensor simply translate a body gesture into a key stroke. The question is: is that a way to link to another Pano solely using keyboard for navigation? E.g. When a user pan to certain range of yaw and press a specified key, then it will move to that spot? Thanks

Richard

• Hi sachagriffin,

Thanks for your advise. I think we have to check with the current yaw data to decide which next scene to go. For example, if there are more than one hotspot in a scene, a user can point to the right link and hit a key to go. Do you have any idea is there any function that I can check the user's current yaw data? Thx

• I'm having the same issue trying to create hotkeys to use a gamepad with the tour

The main issue is the grabbing the nearest hotspot part

I want to use get(view.hlookat) and then compare it to the ath value for the hotpsots but easier said then done when dealing with unknown number of hotspots per pano.

I probably need to use a loop to loop through all available hotspots in a given pano and then calculate which is closer in a clockwise or anti clockwise movement but not quite sure where to start. I'm sure I'll figure it out but it's a bit daunting as although I used to be a regular xml and javascript junkie I'm a bit rusty now.

What I am surprised about is no one seems to have done this yet so I'll try and share with everyone once I get something working.

In the mean time if anyone has any handy pointers let me know. *smile*

• There's the group hotspot layer code, that's good for looping through all hotspots or plugins, and then using i guess screen to sphere and spheretoscreen would help in figuring out whats closest to the middle of the screen. Someone has already used something similar to scale hotspots larger as they get into view and smaller as the approach the edge. Its a cool effect.

• Did something like this:
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…53842#post53842

Double click to link to closest hotspot or PGUP/PGDN for next closest to current position.
    Solution is not that simple like comparing ATH, ATV. E.g. Ath does not tells you what is the distance to that point if you don't calculate distances to all hotspots and choose closest one to current position.

Explore forum. There were several good threads with that topic.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!