Thumbs that look ok in iphone 3g and i phone 4s

• Hello

Im just trying to get thumbs working on iphones and ipad. I
    dont like really the ones that come with krpano when you build a vtour
    (too small and not obvious to viewer that you have to click to open
    them)

Difficult to set manually because of the different
    resolutions in iphone 3g and iphone 4. If I get them to look ok in
    iphone 3g will be tiny in iphone 4 & ipad. If ok in iphone 4 (or ipad) will go
    offscreen in iphone 3g.

Isnt there a plug-in that sorts all this out?

Thanks

Masten

• https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#devices-notes

so.. in the plugin you can do devices="iphone" etc

in the index you can make per device a dedicated xml that is automaticaly triggerd by the index..

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi,

If I get them to look ok in
    iphone 3g will be tiny in iphone 4 & ipad.

then there might be something wrong in your case... (maybe a missing meta viewport setting in the html file?)

the krpano screen coordinate system is the same for iPhone3 and iPhone4!
    that means the xml positions and sizes will be the same!

but creating device specfic layouts is also possible of course,
    there are several ways to filter the device and when using dynamic code to place elements the stagewidth and stageheight variables can be used to get informations about the screen size,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

OK, thanks. Oh, of course yes. I dont actually have access to an iphone 3g so Im guessing a bit to how it would work. I can see how the coordinate system works but what about thumbnail size?

If I have a thumbnail (or any image) 100 x 100 say, won't it appear much bigger on the iphone 3g (as the resolution is much less) as on the i phone 4?

Thanks

Masten

PS Tuur: I'll have a look at that too. Thanks

• Hi,

If I have a thumbnail (or any image) 100 x 100 say, won't it appear much bigger on the iphone 3g (as the resolution is much less) as on the i phone 4?

no, the working resolution is the same on iPhone 3 and iPhone 4,
    on the iPhone 4 everything will be sharper, but the sizes itself are completely the same,

in the krpano viewer will get a 1:1 pixel display on the iPhone 4, but on the iPhone 3 the real pixels on the screen will be automatically downscaled,

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!