It does not work on CentOS5(LINUX)

• I have tried kmakemultires of the Linux version.
    When it was performed by CentOS5.8, the following errors occurred.

/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by kmakemultires)

It seems that a version cannot be raised with CentOS5.
    It is krpanotools-1.0.8.14-linux-2012-03-16.tar.gz that I would like to use.

I cannot update to GLIBC_2.7.
    kmakemultires cannot be recompiled, either.
    What should I do?

• install wine.

Installing wine is not really the right solution. Perhaps if we could simply get Krpano team to rebuilding under Centos 5.8. The higher version of glibc is backward compatible with lower version so this will make a more compatible version of all Linux based systems...

• Hi,

Perhaps if we could simply get Krpano team to rebuilding under Centos 5.8. The higher version of glibc is backward compatible with lower version so this will make a more compatible version of all Linux based systems...

Sound interesting - you mean with newer glibc versions it would better backward compatible to older glibc version?
    I think I will try...
    Btw - why especially CentOS 5.8? I saw there is already a CentOS 6.2 out? Is the 5.8 better backward compatible?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Sound interesting - you mean with newer glibc versions it would better backward compatible to older glibc version?
    I think I will try...
    Btw - why especially CentOS 5.8? I saw there is already a CentOS 6.2 out? Is the 5.8 better backward compatible?

Best regards,
    Klaus

Ya if your build system runs GLIBC_2.5 for example but then I deploy it on a newer sysem that has GLIBC_2.7 it will still work, but the other way around it will "Require" at least what you built it on..

Ya I know CentOS 6.2 is out, but I need to deploy on the OS that my hosting provider is offering and in most cases they will NOT be so keen to be deploying "bleeding edge" so will always be a few versions behind.. Enless there is some feature in GLIBC_2.7 that you really need, it would make a more compatible Linux build for us users if you used an more an older OS to build on...

Any how keep up the great work!! If you do a new build I'd be more than happy to test it for you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!