1.0.8.15 pre-release (update 2)

• I am using distorted hotspots to zoom into a "flat" image. The newest build solves a lot of problems for this usecase,awesome!
    But there's a problem when zooming in. Normally the (distorted) hotspots lie below the plugins layer, but when zooming in very close the hotspots start drawing over the plugin layer. That happens at around 7.2 degrees fov in my project. I'll try to make a barebones example of this happening.

As a sidenote: I don't seem to be be able to open the logwindow by dragging the lower right corner up anymore. Is that intended (and is there another way to open it) or is it a bug?

• Here's a barebones example for the bug I mentioned:
    http://files.fieldofview.com/temp/krpano/pluginoverhotspot/

Tapping the purple plugin outputs the current fov. In this version, the plugin disappears behind the hotspot around a fov of 12 (when in portrait) or 11 (when in landscape). Apparently the threshold depends on the screen dimensions. Note that you can still tap the plugin even when it is obscured by the hotspot.

• Here's a barebones example for the bug I mentioned:

Tapping the purple plugin outputs the current fov. In this version, the plugin disappears behind the hotspot around a fov of 12 (when in portrait) or 11 (when in landscape). Apparently the threshold depends on the screen dimensions. Note that you can still tap the plugin even when it is obscured by the hotspot.

Perhaps it should be noted, this is a JS issue.

• Ah, yes, I though that was self-explanatory, since it is all about distorted hotspots which already work fine in the flash version.

For a bit of extra fun, rotate the view a bit and then carefully zoom in. With a bit of luck you'll see the distorted hotspot cut the plugin layer in half.

• Quoted
    I can see that they still react behind a textfield with an image above it.
    Hmm... not should not happen anymore...
    You mean a textfield with a html image inside that textfield and when a (distorted?) hotspot is behind that imaged, then the hotspot still reacts on clicks?

Sorry , I was wrong. It works fine now. It was a caching problem. IOS5.1 and Safari has got a problem. You need to empty cache all the time to be sure you got your updates correct.

I also got another problem solved with this version. Distorted hotspots now react much better.
    Also videos start at first click even without zooming in on them.
    Just in time for my museum tour which goes online next week.

I get back with a video on the "dancing" hotspots in flash (both distorted and not distorted once.)
    Zorder has no influence on it.

Hans

• Quoted
    Another problem I have seen is that with larger resolution the hotspots all start moving during autorotation.
    There is no problem with manual panning.

The limit seems to be around 1920x1080 on my iMac 27". At full resolution 2560x1440 they can move 5-10 pixels.
    That's strange, there is technically no difference between 'normal panning' and autorotation...

What exactly do you mean with 'start moving' and where to they move?
    And do you mean normal hotspots or distorted hotspots?
    And what zorder settings where used in this test?

Here is a movie showing it.
    http://virtualdenmark.dk/dnm2/krpano-autorotation.mov

Distorted or not distorted is the same.
    I tried zorder but it has no influence.
    Also it is the same on the panos without videos.
    My iMac 27" has a 512 mb Graphic Card. I tried several of my older machines and for example my G5 has it also at smaller resolutions already at 1024x768 you can see it even if manual panning is OK even at fullscreen on my 40" 1920x1080.

I only made a few tours before with this large amount of hotspots but I checked some of them with 2-4 small hotspots and in fullscreen I see it also on them.

I will remove autorotation probably before I publish this tour.Currently I have it set to restart after 12 sec after you have clicked in the pano.
    http://virtualdenmark.dk/dnm2/

Hans

• I just got an update of Flash from May 2.
    I had version 11.2.202.233

The new version is 11.2.202.235 and the performance is really improved.

The dancing hotspots are not completely gone but it is much less than before at fullscreen 2560x1440. At 1920x1080 I would say it works perfect.
    2 other problems are also solved. The resizing freezing in Safari is gone.
    And now zooming with the Mac mighty mouse works much better. It was impossible to get zoom with mouse scroll to work from zoomed out on Mac.

No updates though for my old G5 which is POWETR PC

Hans

• Hi,

Here's a barebones example for the bug I mentioned:

Thanks for the example!
    I was able to fix this, but I need to make more tests to make sure that there are no side effects. When all is okay then there will be soon a new pre-release with the fix.

It was a caching problem. IOS5.1 and Safari has got a problem. You need to empty cache all the time to be sure you got your updates correct.

I'm sure but the Safari/iOS cache problematic might be also related to the server - on my own test servers I almost never need to clear the cache to the get the updated files...

Thanks for the video! Now I understand the problem!
    I think I know the reason, I will do some tests and let you know.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I have a consistent difference in flat hotspots scaling and positioning.

can you please describe the problem in detail or show an example or link?

And I'm trying to use the compass plugin... How should I link it to the viewing direction?!

you could include it additionally to the gyro and use it to set the startup looking direction to the real world looking direction,
    e.g.

Code
    <plugin name="compass" url="compass.js" devices="html5"  keep="true" onavailability="copy(view.hlookat, heading);" />
    <evens name="compass" keep="true" onnewpano="if(plugin[compass].available, copy(view.hlookat, heading));" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

• From the april version scene's onstart action does not execute from the loadscene called from krpano onstart action.
    I mean situation like this:

<krpano onstart=startup();">
    <action name="startup">
    if(scene.count GT 1, buildthumbs(); );
    loadscene('meteogorka', null, MERGE);
    </action>
    <scene name="meteogorka" title="meteogorka_spring_2012_02" onstart="action(buildhotspot, 'meteogorka_autmn', 352.6, 13.2);" thumburl="pano_data/meteogorka_spring_2012_02.tiles/thumb.jpg">

The "buildhotspot" action is not executed. ...And it looks like nothing after the loadscene in the "startup" action executes (I tried to add some actions after the loadscene, but they were ingnored.)

• Hi,

From the april version

With 'april version' you probably mean the 2012-04-24 version, or?
    What's about the newer 2012-05-04 version or the older 1.0.8.14 version 2012-03-16?
    Do they work with your code?

I have tested now all those versions (in Flash and HTML5) and wasn't able to reproduce your described behavior anywhere...
    So the real problem might be not related to the onstart actions, maybe something else is wrong... can you post the full example as link?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi, Klaus.
    Please, could you look at full code here: http://irina.belova.pro/_krpano/meteogorka_local_.xml
    Nevertheless I think this is onstart ("onstart in onstart" more exactly) problem and only for HTML5 (there is no problem with flash), ...and maybe connected with hotspots...
    There is autogeneration of hotspots in the scenes, so when I just open the 3D tour, there are no hotspot appears, but when I open the same scene through the thumbs, hotspots are generated correctly.

PS I tried the latest version - got the same problem. It worked fine in autumn version.

Thanks,
    Irene.

• Hi,

Please, could you look at full code here: http://irina.belova.pro/_krpano/meteogorka_local_.xml

The problem are the quoted names in the set actions in your buildhotspot action:

set(hotspot["ico-%1"].url, "pano_data/%1.tiles/thumb.jpg");
    set(hotspot["ico-%1"].ath, %2);
    set(hotspot["ico-%1"].atv, %3);

These quotes are not escaping or quoting the name - they are a part of the name itself!
    And this leads to the problem - in the addhotspot() call the quotes were resolved but inside the [] in the set() calls not.

In the older versions there was a bug that the set(hotspot[...]..., ...) was automatically also creating the new hotspot - without addhotspot - so your code was creating two hotspots there - also not okay, but it was working .

I will try to allow using quotes inside [] in the next version, but as fix for the moment just remove these quotes.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi, although I was giving height and width, align and edge rotations to the plugins-buttons, they are well displayed on the computer and wired or absent on the ipad.

Hmmm... now it works, stupid me!!!!

I was trying to give it nore smoothnes... like, onidle -> lookto heading

you could include it additionally to the gyro and use it to set the startup looking direction to the real world looking direction,
    e.g.

Code
    <plugin name="compass" url="compass.js" devices="html5"  keep="true" onavailability="copy(view.hlookat, heading);" />
    <evens name="compass" keep="true" onnewpano="if(plugin[compass].available, copy(view.hlookat, heading));" />

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Any new versions to test? I'm working on an update for an app, and would love to use a fixed version instead of my botched javascript hacks to make it work.

I'm already on preparing the final release, but there a still some small things to do/to prepare, so it will still need some time.

So for the meantime - here a new pre-release:
    https://krpano.com/download/beta/#2012-06-01

There were again a lot of small improvements and fixes, but what exactly is new and has changed will be all listed soon in the final release.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Anyone else getting reports of zoom in/out not working on Mac's via the Shift/Command keys?

I've been getting reports of this since the first release of pre-release. Was at first a bit suspicious of the users machines and it could very well still be that, but thought I would see if anyone else has had this issue.

Cheers,

Robert

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!