• dear l. and g.

Im removeing all the google and bingmap flashstuff from my work.
    so i started to implement VeMap.(no damned Key is necassery,and good dokumentation is available.http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb412424.aspx)

pleas have a look on the code. the black text is nearly original and works so far the green text is my useless try
    to get it work for me.

Bug:ipad keyboard is opening when mapspots are clicked??????

here is the original code from bing (VeMap) get shape

thanks for looking with me
    niconutschi

Edited 4 times, last by niconutsch (April 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM).

• VEMAP working !!!!

dear l,g, dear klaus

pleas have a look to my vemap implementation .

until now,only pano scenes can be called from virtualearth map.(no radar......).
    but the solution work's good on ie,safari,chrome.... in the flash and js version.
    no register key is necessary, and it's not very complicated to implement.

BUG: running on ipad: keyboard opens after clicking mapspot!!!!!!!!!(i would need help here)

LINK

next step will be to change mapspots after clicking the eq. panorama hotspot:there fore i have to call up an action, with is placed inside
    the getMap()function: function v1();function v2();function v3();function v4()!!!!!!!see above code
    is this possible or not????

mfg
    niconutsch

Ps.: i have replaced the above code by the working one

Edited 2 times, last by niconutsch (April 9, 2012 at 4:35 PM).

• thanks for feedback klaus

because the s... wmode, ill use the vemap only to the html 5 version; and build in your bing map plugin.

but here my question.

Bing, and VEMAP code are nearly identical and the look is the same .but the vemap does not need a apikey

so why you used the Bing insted of Vemapcode for the new Bingmap plugin. is there any differenz between bing and vemap

mfg
    klaus

• Hi,

Bing, and VEMAP code are nearly identical and the look is the same .but the vemap does not need a apikey

so why you used the Bing insted of Vemapcode for the new Bingmap plugin. is there any differenz between bing and vemap

okay, it seems that 'VEMap' introduces even more confustion *wink*

but I will try to explain:

1. VEMaps = Virtual Earth Maps
    2. VEMaps = A service from Microsoft
    3. 'Virtual Earth Maps' was renamed to 'Bing Maps' by Microsoft when they introduced the Bing Search Machine
    4. That means: VEMaps == Bing Maps (the same map)
    5. The API Key was introduced with Bing Maps and also in Version 6 of the VEMaps JS-API (see SetCredentials) but it seems for backward-compatibility that old API is still working without key.
    6. The 'VEMaps Class' that was used here is a JS-API (no a Flash-API and not a Tile-Access-API!) for the VEMaps service.
    7. The krpano Bing Maps Plugin uses the 'Direct Tile Access-API' from Bing Maps to be able to use the map tiles directly inside the Flash pano (by using the Openscales API for loading and display the tiles). And this API needs the Bing-Key. Using the JS-API isn't possible for that kind of usage as direct Google Maps Plugin replacement.
      Please see here at 'Option 1' for the details: Google Maps Flash-API Keys

See also here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee692182.aspx
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vema…73-0d3ac75a2397

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!