Flash10 property boolean, updateobject and plans for the future regarding some properties?

• Hi,

I noticed the property display.flash10 has 2 states, off and on. But looking how other properties are build (for ex. showpolys) wouldnt it be better if this became a boolean/accepts booleans. So set(display.flash10, true) or set(display.flash10, 1); would work. From what I see this is the only property that has 2 states but isnt a boolean. I think this is because I think the original idea was to toggle flash10 with it, and it had an extra auto state too. But now the auto state is build in, and you check if the user wants to use flash10 when possible. To keep backwards compatibily on/off should still be accepted ofcourse :) Alsoo seeing flash11 is out a while now, and other engines come too, I see this option getting removed/refactored in the future. Including other properties like display.details which only works on flash9

On an other note, I see some properties like display.details need an updateobject call to rerender the panorama. Wouldnt it be handier to do this automaticly? When would you update the display.details but not update the internal view? Same goes for tessmode, hfov, vfov and voffset. I think it would more clearer for users.

a tiny not important wishlist from my side :P

thanks!

edit: oopsie, wrong topic :(

Edited once, last by Zephyr (March 15, 2012 at 9:22 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!