A plugin element map with polygonal interactive areas, how to?

• Hi there, I'ts been a while that I have this idea in my head of making an interactive map by a plugin element which could offer polygonal interactive areas, kinda polygonal hotspots but in its plugin version. Right now I have three ideas for achieving this and I share them with you, they all involve the placement of the map as a plugin element and then the definition of the polygonal interactive area would be as follows:

1) Fill the interactive area with a grid of lots of transparent plugins and assigning them the same function, for example activating an overlapping plugin which display the interactive area illuminated.

PROS: Can be done with krpano right now
    CONS: A hell of plugin accomodation, plugin saturation and also I'm not sure if this would work smooth for a map plugin with height/width percentage dependance (Ex. width="50%").

2) Overlap a .swf vector movie with a transparent object as a plugin, this would provide boundaries to the interactive area which could be used to activate another plugin (image plugin) with the specified area illuminated.

PROS: Much less plugin accomodation
    CONS: Did some test and rendering is a little poor when this activates tweening of image plugin elements

3) Create the interactive map as a .swf movie, place it as a plugin element, get it to comunicate with krpano in some way. (kindda option 2 reloaded)

PROS: It's much easier to work on Adobe Flash this kind of map
    CONS: Wouldn't work on HTML5 and I don't know right now how to get it to comunicate with krpano.

Tell me what you think fellow krpanoers, do you have any other ideas?

I think It would be nice in a future to have some options to specify areas in a plugin, specially for a map as in my case ¿what do you think Klaus?

Best Regards

Luis

• Yes, that's exactly how i did it. Then just make them visible when onover and disapper when onout. Onhover has never been that good somehow. Only thing it took was patience and logical coding. Took me 2 days to do it and 1 day to implement it online. Plugins, images and textfields. Haven't tried on idevice, should work but can't guarantee it.

Regards,

• As far as I can see the problem on idevices(HTML5) is that zorder is limited to 1 to 100 values, which can easily be exceeded by a medium to complex map.

Other trouble I see with this method as I mentioned before is for maps which height is frame width/height dependant (Ex. width="50%), coding could get really messy. *wacko*

I'd already tried to use a .swf movie as a plugin to define an interactive poligonal area to tween transparency of a big map element, it worked, but the trouble I found was that alpha tweening was a awkward, in difference with an image plugin which rendered quite a smooth and clear tweening. This must be consequence of internal krpano structure.

Any other suggestions?

Regards

• Okey, I didn't know that option. It seems also that image map is used to create polygonal hotspots as it is stated here:

http://www.scriptingmaster.com/html/creating-…nal-hotspot.asp

It seems an legit alternative but still I have my doubts about if it would run in full screen mode. I've tried before to run a lightbox to display some content in fullscreen mode and all the time it switched krpano to window mode. It's a little bit different trick but it may be the same issue when trying to run an image map it in fullscreen.

Do you know if it would work in FS mode?

I think it would be nice in a future development to have some polygonal plugins, right now I can see just this kind of aplications for them but in a future they may get a lot of uses, what do you think Kalus??

Cheers!

Luis

• In flash there is no way to put stuff on top in Fullscreen mode. Javascript Fullscreen does not really exist (other the maximum browser size + F11 to remove window bars) so it works in javascript ( I mean everything is a DOM element anyway).

To get stuff to work in Flash, it has to be within krpano, either through an flash plugin, or scripted through xml.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!