Issue with ONIDLE event

• Hello there, I've been exploring recently the use of onidle event to introduce a promo screen but i've found some troubles with it. Ideally ONIDLE event works after some N seconds (idletime) without user interaction but I've found that some interaction events are not taken on account, one of those is when you click on screen on a plugin image, not in the pano. My impression to this point is that onidle event takes on account just pano movements (or clicks on pano) to register as last user interaction.

You can see an example of what I mean here:

http://costabaja.3sfera.com

After 40 seconds a data screen is introduced (onidle event), but, when you click on it and it vanishes it never appears again as krpano detects onidle event was already done, or in other words, the click on the plugin wasn't taken on account as user interaction, which is what I'd expect to happen.

¿Do you understand my point?

This is just a silly example but I'm having some troubles with this option when I try to get this kind of actions further.

I think ONIDLE event is great to introduce an autotour presentation, specially for public places when people come and go and autotour can show automatically the content after the last user left attracting more people to the material (actually I'm working in that direction) but I think this kind of issues need to be fixed to release it's full potential.

I'd love to hear your oppinion Klaus, (surely you're thinking here comes this guy again... hehehe... *tongue* ) I really like the viewer and hope my opinion can contribute to it's development.

Cheers!! *thumbsup*

Luis

• Yes, it's weird to not have the idle event reset when clicking plugins. This becomes apparent when more of the interface is in krpano, and suddenly because you were interacting with the interface too long, the pano changes or other un-wanted actions.
    Klaus, please include hotspot/plugin clicks to reset onidle.

• Another sugestion for you Klauss is that if you include plugins click to reset onidle event, it would be nice if autorotation could be left on, so it's not being interrupted when users click on interface.

In global, my suggestion is:

1) Include plugin click to reset onidle event
    2) Autorotation is interrupted just when user clicks on the pano image

I can't find another reason to interrupt autorotation other than when users move the pano image, ¿Anybody else thinks of another?

Best Regards

Luis

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!