Google Analytics plugin!

• I found the "onloaded" event for the plugins.... so maybe changing the onload from <krpano> to the onloaded from the plugin to load the first pano would probably work.

I've made a test, it's working for the first track !

This is the piece of code I use :

Code
    <plugin name="analytics" url="plugins/analytics.swf?theTrackerCode=UA-12345678-1&Prefix=/pano/&DebugMode=" onloaded="action(trackanalytics,desert);" />
  • Hi Shanti

I'm the one selling the FPP:Analytics plugin over on the FPP forums, I'm sorry if you think that the 10€ that I ask for it is excessive, but with my experience I found that a good plugin should have three things:

First be easy to use, to allow users that are not that technically advanced in AS3 to use the Google Analytics service,
    Second a guarentee that it will work,
    Third have a good support from the developer.

Even though, as you say, the first can be a "5 minute job", which it wasn't in my case (a lot of thought went into the way it interfaces with the user), the second and third one is very time consuming, and I give everyone that buys this plugin direct and fast support, and several updates and refinements were based on user feedback and requests.
    So IMHO 10€, isn't that much *smile* (I also have developed some free plugins, and other plugins that I don't think that are worthy or ready to be given away or sold)

But I'm not complaining, I registered in this forum only to reply to your statement and to offer my help if you need in the development of this plugin for KRPano *thumbup*

PM me if you need *squint*

• PauloGGPX; no offense intended, sorry if it came out too harsh, I was just comparing to my own experience, I don't really know how much time you spent on yours, but I guess every experience is different, no features have been added to this plugin because as you can tell, nobody has requested anything :) that makes me think 2 things, either this works as expected or nobody is using it :P

so again, sorry for the comment, and I will offer my help on anything I can help with you also.

Shanti

• I would like to make sure that everything is properly configured and ask about few things that i could not understand.

1. My code, which I have pasted in test.xml:

Code
    plugin name="analytics" url="plugins/analytics.swf?theTrackerCode=UA-123456799-1-1&Prefix=/&DebugMode=" />

is it all what i need, and is that correct ?

2. I have, for example, 10 panoramas and I would like to know how many times each panorama was visited - how to do that? do I have to paste the code on each panorama separately?

3. index.html file referes to, for example - test.xml - how to trace back user's route, clicks, time spent on panorama and so...

Please explain me step-by-step how to do it! Thanks a lot!
    *thumbup*

• Is anyone using this (or some other?) plugin for statistics? I am not able to download the zip-file from none of the links posted earlier in this forum tread. Could anyone of you please upload the plug-in again? I'll appreciate it! Thanks! /ted

EDIT: Now I succeeded to download the zip from the original post so no need to upload any file. But I am still interested in hearing how you are tracking how your panoramas are viewed. /ted

Edited once, last by panogio (January 24, 2010 at 10:11 PM).

• *g*

Hi Shanti, I was just looking at your plugin and this thread. And it seems your asking if anyone would like enhancements?

Asking for enhancements is one of my skills *rolleyes*

Seriously, I'm not sure what I would gain from this pulgin as it is now since it's easy already for me at least to tell what VR's users are looking at as my existing stats show file types loaded, etc. So I can tell if a VR is actively being viewed, etc.

What I think would make me want to send you a case or two of beer *w00t* would be a tracking system that could tell me what a user is doing inside the VR, what buttons/links did they used, menu items, turning sound off, going full screen, how long did they spend in it, etc.

That would be worth some beer in my mind.

Regards,

Robert

• Within one pano, no tour, is it enough to simply add

<plugin name="analytics" url="analytics.swf?theTrackerCode=Yo-urcodegoes-here&Prefix=My Client&DebugMode=" />

without an action?

• the plugin working, beer to You Shanti;)

but

I have my linked logo in one corner.
    I want to know when user click on my logo and go to my homepage from the panorama/virtual tour.
    What can I do?

ps. sorry for my english;)

• q100 , image360 that is already possible, just put the tracking inside the hotspot (or plugin)

example:

example 2 (not completely sure it works):

Code
    <plugin name="logo" 
            url="krpano_logo.png" 
            align="rightbottom" x="10" y="10"
            onhover="showtext(visit krpano.com);" 
            onclick="events.trackthis,/ClickedLogo;openurl(http://krpano.com,_blank);" 
            />

in any case you can also do it for all your buttons if you like, the event is just like any other function from krpano so you can call it from anywhere actions are allowed that includes hotspots and plugins.

hope it works out for you guys :)

• Hello all!

I use this plugin for a long time now, but I'm going into new configuration and I go into troubles...

First, it is tricky to play with "prefix" as if i don't write "/mystuff/" I got ".../mystuff /blabla" in analytics (note the space).

Next, it is hard to perform tests as GA need a full day before to provide results and it is long to wait after a change to be sure it is correctly done. But for that, noone can help :)

So, I would like to know the difference between:

• action(trackanalytics, mypano);
    • call(events.trackthis, mypano);

Both are working?

Regards,

« Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur »
    Pentax stuff.

• Hi all *smile*

I'm new with krpano but I'm wondering why Java Script can't be used for this purpose ?

Hoy!

I suppose it's because HTML document does not know about what's happening in the Flash module itself. Having a javascript code alows to get the stats about the page, meaning that you know someone take a look at your pano; but when you host several panos in the same flash module (for instance, a tour), then when the visitor is wandering from one pano to another, the page does not refresh and doesn't even know the user clicked on some link.

I'm right?

Regards,

Pentax stuff.

• Hello,

After some tries, I realised that prefix is always followed by a blank space.
    For instance:

Code
    <plugin name="analytics" url="analytics.swf?theTrackerCode=Yo-urcodegoes-here&Prefix=/panos/&DebugMode=" />
    call(events.trackthis,mypano);

will produce a "source of traffic" in GA: "/panos/ mypano".

Aside of that, I'm still not sure about how to filter those in GA: it seems that filtering by including only traffic to subdirectories equal to "/panos/" does not work as expected: I still have in stats some pages other than my panos (I use a single server for multi instances of tours, each of them using a distinct prefix)

If someone could help...

Regards,

Pentax stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!