Google Map and Android + Two finger zoom?

• Hi, I somehow wanted to zoom my panorama more than the icon allowed. This was done on android telephone Samsung Galaxy S3.
    It seams to me that the zooming goes as far as the screen displays 100% size of the mobile tiles. There is no way to zoom more.
    While the icons worked perfectly, I had the feeling that the zoom span was small. The only way I was able to get more zoomed panorama, was to rename the tablet tiles as the mobile ones. Than it worked, only the icons got bigger. Interestingly in the full screen mode, it did not work and the icons got the same size as before.
    Question - is there a way to go beyond the mobile tiles resolution and zoom above 100% ?

• Hi,

Question - is there a way to go beyond the mobile tiles resolution and zoom above 100% ?

is your question about the google maps zooming? (note - googlemaps sub-forum and googlemaps topic )
    I ask because you were writing about mobile/tablet tiles but they have nothing to do with the google map...

but if you mean the pano zooming range - that can be set up by the fovmax and fovmin or maxpixelzoom settings:
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/../../docu/xml/#view

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,
    It is not about the google maps zooming it is about the pano zooming function.
    If I use the first definition, the zooming on the PC is OK, but on the samsung Galaxy S3 it hardly changes the zoom.
    I must use the second definition to achieve the zooming on the samsung Galaxy S3.
    The zooming process on the PC looks the same, but on the S3 it is different - to my satisfaction.
    I think the problem is the megapixelzoom function.

<viewhlookat="7.29"vlookat="40.74"fov="92.44"fovmax="125"maxpixelzoom="1.1"/>
    <displaydetails="22" />

<viewhlookat="7.29"vlookat="40.74"fov="92.44"fovmax="125"fovmin="19"/>
    <displaydetails="22" />

• Hi,

yes, this can be the issue, because on Android the <mobile> or <tablet> images were loaded when available.
    Then these images are typically smaller than the normal image and together with the maxpixelzoom setting the zoom can be reduced compared to desktop.

Btw - please use the right sub-forum the next time .

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!