tour.xml validation error after using MAKE VTOUR droplet

• Whenever I create a tour with the MAKE VTOUR droplet (ver. 1.0.8.14, 2011-09-12), I always get validation errors between the </image> tag and </scene> tag on every scene that is added to the tour. Its not a problem when viewing flash version, however if I set user agent to ipad or iphone through safari, then the html5 tour will have errors and won't load. After I delete the extra empty lines, html5 version works fine.

It is easy enough to open the tour.xml file and delete a handful of empty lines every time I make a tour, but what can i edit to eliminate the extra lines when I use the droplet in the future?

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

[Edit]
    version is: krpanotools-1.0.8.14-mac64-2011-12-20

Edited once, last by agn1022 (January 19, 2012 at 4:37 PM).

• 2 links:

IndianTrails-2: tour.xml has three empty line between every </image> and </scene> tags, not cleaned up after being generated by MAKE VTOUR droplet. Error begins on line74.
    Safari>user agent>iPad has fatal error

IndianTrails-3: tour.xml has been manually cleaned up, and the middle of the three empty lines has been removed.
    Safari>user agent>iPad works

I'll attach tour.xml from IndianTrails-2 tour.xml

I'm a newbie (recent convert from TourWeaver) and still learning; i'll welcome any other advice/suggestions offered.

• Hi,

it seems your 'vtour_hotspottemplate.xml' file is not valid anymore - it seem just contains a 'Hex 08' character, and this character is no valid, and will be insert into every <scene> were the example 'vtour_hotspottemplate.xml' normally was added,

best regards,
    Klaus

• My editor of choice was not the issue in this case, but I will keep that in mind in the future.

Klaus was exactly right. The reason I was getting errors from the MAKE VTOUR droplet was because I had changed vtour-mres.config by removing:

"xmltemplate_additional_file=xml/vtour_hotspottemplate.xml"

because I was trying to make tours without hotspots (I shouldn't need the hotspot template, right? Wrong). So once I removed the xmltemplate_additional_file line the 'hex 08' character was in the place of the missing content from vtour_hotspottemplate.xml, which throws the error in html5

I replaced the missing line in vtour-mres.config and all is well.

Out of curiosity, what file would I edit to prevent the insertion of that 'hex 08' character into my tour.xml when I use the MAKE VTOUR droplet? Or am I stuck manually deleting the hotspot template for every scene on every tour?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!