Initial zoom setting

• *huh* I don't know where the "view" node is. I'm only making multires tours and I can see HFOV in kmakemultires.conf and vtour-mres.config. Do I add the FOV parameter to one/both of these? If not, where can I find the view node?

• Your documentation is extremely good but I cannot make the initial zoom setting change regardless of the settings I try in fov. Would you mind editing this string to zoom out and note which element you changed? I am pasting this into default.xml as instructed before.

<view hlookat="0.0"
    vlookat="0.0"
    camroll="0.0"
    fovtype="VFOV"
    fov="90.0"
    fovmin="1.0"
    fovmax="179.0"
    maxpixelzoom=""
    fisheye="0.0"
    fisheyefovlink="0.5"
    limitfov="true"
    stereographic="false"
    pannini="false"
    architectural="0.0"
    architecturalonlymiddle="false"
    limitview="auto"
    hlookatmin=""
    hlookatmax=""
    vlookatmin=""
    vlookatmax=""
    />

• If you want to zoom out, edit the fov="90"

Change it to a bigger number. If making this change does not help, maybe you need to show your xml as something is probably setting fov somewhere else in the code. Perhaps in the scene tag, if you use scenes.

• Hi !

Sorry to have to revive this old thread, but I tried to change the "fov=90" to "fov=120", and nothing happened, I tried to put a higher figure, like 170, but... still no change !

Also, where do I find the "fovmin" and "fovmax" data ?

What have I done wrong ? BTW, my Krpano version is the 1.19 !

Thanks in advance for any help...

• Hi !

Sorry to have to revive this old thread, but I tried to change the "fov=90" to "fov=120", and nothing happened, I tried to put a higher figure, like 170, but... still no change !

Also, where do I find the "fovmin" and "fovmax" data ?

What have I done wrong ? BTW, my Krpano version is the 1.19 !

Thanks in advance for any help...

If your scene fovmax setting is lower than 170 then autorotate won't go to 170.
    Check your scenes view settings (eg <view hlookat="0.0" vlookat="0.0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="120" maxpixelzoom="2.0" fovmin="70" fovmax="140" limitview="auto" />)

• Hi ! Thanks for the response, but I'm afraid you didn't understand ! I don't care about "autorotate" (in fact, I'd prefer not to have it ON) !

What I want is to make the START field_of_view (when I click on the "index.html" file) WIDER, and allow to ZOOM IN a bit deeper, and ZOOM OUT a bit less than the originals !

What data should I change, and WHERE, in "xxx/skin/" file or in an other file !

...and best, I'd like to change these data in the ORIGINAL file, (in KRPANO directory), that builds the directory usable to run each panorama...

*smile*

Edited once, last by JPS (March 5, 2018 at 9:18 PM).

• Hi,

look in the startup xml file (e.g. the tour.xml or pano.xml depending on what droplet you have used) for a <view> element and there change the 'fov' setting!

After changing clear the browser change to make sure to see the updated file.

...and best, I'd like to change these data in the ORIGINAL file, (in KRPANO directory), that builds the directory usable to run each panorama...

For tours build using the MAKE VTOUR droplets edit the fov setting in this file:

Code
    templates/xml/vtour_viewtemplate.xml

and for panos build using the MAKE PANO droplets add a fov setting in this file:

Code
    templates/xml/default.xml

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!