Considering KRPano - Help to decide!

• Hi!

I am seriously considering using krpano as panoramic viewer. I am currently using panosalado, which is fine for simple applications, but not for production environments.

Graphically, krpano is exceptional and complies with our requirements, but I have some doubts.

- Can I use krpano in a FLEX application (as a component)? (I found it)

- Can I set the xml file "on the fly", ie without having to reload the component? Does it incorporate a method to specify the xml file that is not flash-vars? For example, if I have several virtual tours and want to change from outside krpano interface.

- If we buy the unlimited domain license, could we distribute krpano on a desktop application (Adobe AIR)? And use it in local mode (localhost)?

Thanks a lot and congratulations for your work, I hope we can use it.

Javier

Edited once, last by jaraen (May 5, 2009 at 11:29 AM).

• I can anwser number 2, I will let Klaus anwser number 3.

Yes, Krpano has a very extensive scripting language, better than ANY other viewer out there, including FPP, PanoSalado and Pano2vr.

for what you request you can use loadpano, or loadxml and it loads a xml file on the fly and this can be called directly or from Actionscript or javascript and you can merge with the current view or load a completely new XML, without reloading Krpano :)

load / loadpano(xmlpath,parameters,flags,blend,onstart)
    - loads a new panorama xml file
    - or loads direct a other panorama image without xml file

https://krpano.com/docu/actions/#loadpano

the documentation is very clear even if its not updated to the great new features of 1.0.8 betas it's still very extensive :)

Don't think about it, Krpano is the way to go :)

• thanks Shanti and Graydon!

here some answers from me:

- Can I use krpano in a FLEX application (as a component)? (I found it)

sorry, using krpano in Flex is not possible yet,
    but it should be possible to use Flex on top of krpano as plugin,
    using krpano as Flash component is planned for the 1.0.9 version,

- Can I set the xml file "on the fly", ie without having to reload the component? Does it incorporate a method to specify the xml file that is not flash-vars? For example, if I have several virtual tours and want to change from outside krpano interface.

there are several way to do that, loadpano / loadxml / reloadpano or just by setting some variables...

If we buy the unlimited domain license, could we distribute krpano on a desktop application (Adobe AIR)? And use it in local mode (localhost)?

if would say yes, but I'm not sure if krpano will work inside AIR, I haven't test that yet,
    but localhost or a Flash projector would work,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi!

thank you all. I have bought krpano, but I'll wait for version 1.0.9 for use on our website as it is based on flex. I hope the wait will not be very long! ;)  
    Meanwhile, I will open a new window for the virtual tour (I will send here ASAP).

I think that since krpano still can not be used as a flex component, it can not be used in an Adobe AIR application.

regards,

javier

Edited once, last by jaraen (May 14, 2009 at 6:16 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!